Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times

Advertisements

ugly?

Gym and plastic surgery
One good thing about modern times is that anyone can be attractive really
It may take a while, but from what I hear about your previous posts, you can actually stomach hiring prostitutes to assuage yourself in the meantime.

So do that, and then just start by trying to sleep with women. Relationship will come later/when you're more comfortable with women; I suspect this is my problem and what I think I'm going to try to do.

FYI just being hot can get you a number sometimes, apparently, because it worked for me just last weekend, barely even said anything to the girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
what if you try but never get - what kind of reward is that?
I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Life isn't fair. We don't always get what we deserve, good or bad.
You're telling me!

Old 09-11-2012, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,279 times
What about the many Chinese men for instance who will never find a girl due to the high gender imbalance ratio in their country? It won't matter how much money, looks, charisma, humor, etc. they have. Some of them just won't be able to find a girl, period. All they can blame then are shortsighted politicians, social norms, etc. but that doesn't help them any, does it?

Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Nobody deserves a boyfriend or girlfriend. People have feelings and free will. They are not objects to be collected as our due in life.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
What about the many Chinese men for instance who will never find a girl due to the high gender imbalance ratio in their country? It won't matter how much money, looks, charisma, humor, etc. they have. Some of them just won't be able to find a girl, period. All they can blame then are shortsighted politicians, social norms, etc. but that doesn't help them any, does it?
There's always polyandry.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Nobody deserves a boyfriend or girlfriend. People have feelings and free will. They are not objects to be collected as our due in life.
I think people deserve to be happy if they work hard. They deserve to get the things they want in life. It may be impossible to pin it down to one specific person... because as you say, everyone has their own feelings. But overall, don't you think people who do the right things deserve love, happiness, and a nice roll in the hay here and there?

Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I think people deserve to be happy if they work hard. They deserve to get the things they want in life. It may be impossible to pin it down to one specific person... because as you say, everyone has their own feelings. But overall, don't you think people who do the right things deserve love, happiness, and a nice roll in the hay here and there?
We have the right to pursue happiness, not the right to be happy. Happiness is subjective and fleeting anyway. I think TVSG would be happy with a mute sports fan who liked to walk on his back, but I'm not going to tell him that's what he deserves or that women should be giving that to him because he's not happy right now. I'm also not in a position to judge who is or is not worthy of happiness or who is doing "the right things."

People have free will, which is why it's wonderful when they love you and want to stay. Rather than telling people that they deserve something and have them gripe when they don't get it, I'd rather tell people that they deserve nothing, so that they are pleased and grateful when they have something. I do think it would be great if more people did find love and happiness. There are a few people in my life I'd like to see matched up and out of the game.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
does everyone deserve love or happiness?
i'm struggling to think of an example where a person deserves anything. i've never liked that word, or what it implies. So the answer is no, no one deserves love or happiiness.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post

No. Life does not work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships