Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure I need to feel "lusted" after by my woman. I do know that I'd want my woman to be satisfied. I personally do not need to be desired. I might like it, depending on who is doing the desiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 06:12 PM

6 posts, read 4,771 times
Default Do most men need to feel 'lusted after'?

I am a big guy, about 260,workout 5 days a week, but I will never have a six pack. Despite those facts,I
do well with women. I don't think they lust after me, I think they like my confidence, humor, intelligence,and fearlessness in talking to the most beautiful women I can regardless of rejection. When you are not the best looking,or wealthiest guy you must excel in other ways if you want to succeed with women. Now I do think women lust after certain men, but usually they are the ones who are unattainable.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
I think it's really interesting that some guys say yes and some say no. I wonder what makes the difference.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:35 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think it's really interesting that some guys say yes and some say no. I wonder what makes the difference.
It is interesting. I think some guys find it more natural to 'find themselves sexy' than others (no I'm not just talking about having a great personality that women find 'sexy').

Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm not sure I need to feel "lusted" after by my woman. I do know that I'd want my woman to be satisfied. I personally do not need to be desired. I might like it, depending on who is doing the desiring.
Who would have to be doing the desiring in order for you to like it?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
men and women are very different. Men dont need to be lusted after and certainly not dominated, they just need a woman who is attractive. Women may prefer a man who is physicaly attractive of course, but it isnt as important as said mans behavior. In a most basic sense and all complexities aside, women need to look good for men, becasue their beauty is subconsciously equated by men to youthfulness and fertility. Men, need to display a a certain type of behavior to be attractive to women, in order to demonstrate that they can be good protectors and providers. Women get pregnant and men dont, this is where all of gender differences originate.

On some points I agree with you but men liked to feel attractive to the opposite sex. Even if were married or just dating someone. My wife & I made the mistake of letting our self's go we both gained weight after so many years together. Our sex life suffered as well as our attraction to each other. There were other factors that drove us apart but that didn't help. I believe overall that want to be looked at though out the years we're with someone. Not only does it make us feel good about ourselves but I think it makes whoever were with feel good about being with us.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
It just seems that if you're an average looking guy women aren't really naturally 'turned on' by your body...I mean women don't get erections (I guess clitoral erects are sort of analogous but not really equivalent) so I guess it's more mental/emotional than purely physical/visual. But women certainly do seem capable of this, at least some women, so does society women to not see the male form as sexy, unless he's like what society deems as 'sexy'? I wonder if women can relate to 'masculine sexuality'...I mean I don't know what it feels like to be a woman, but I imagine being a woman, do women do the same?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
If I have slept with you, it's because I wanted you and I showed you. Now if I keep sleeping with you, then its because I enjoyed myself and would like it to continue. If I didn't see you again after the 1st time, then you have no dyck or no idea of what you are doing..
In one sense I can understand that after the first time there seems to be such a divide in chemistry that a person might just blow them off and move on but in another sense what you said might be too harsh and cutting each of you short. It could be the first time was awkward and maybe after it will get better? But this besides the sex part of it. Lust is shown in more ways besides sex acts. To answer the question of the thread yeah I need to be lusted over a bit, my ego needs to be stroked and confirmed to a degree. Some people seem to think that others should just know they are hot or sexy and think they shouldn't have to give some compliments to them but I don't see it that way but then again not all of us know we are hot or sexy unless we get a confidence boost. While I have more confidence now, as a teen I didn't think I was attractive at all even if my friends told me a girl was checking me out I couldn't compute it. Someone saying you have a nice or you are fill in the blank goes a ways at making me believe you are into me.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It just seems that if you're an average looking guy women aren't really naturally 'turned on' by your body...I mean women don't get erections (I guess clitoral erects are sort of analogous but not really equivalent) so I guess it's more mental/emotional than purely physical/visual. But women certainly do seem capable of this, at least some women, so does society women to not see the male form as sexy, unless he's like what society deems as 'sexy'? I wonder if women can relate to 'masculine sexuality'...I mean I don't know what it feels like to be a woman, but I imagine being a woman, do women do the same?
I don't know, but lust definitely happens for me with "average" guys. Something else about them, besides their body can be a turn on. Or well, will build on the sexual chemistry. If I am into you, even simple touching is enough (a hug, touch on the shoulder...).

Being able to dance well adds points to just about everyone for me.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
In one sense I can understand that after the first time there seems to be such a divide in chemistry that a person might just blow them off and move on but in another sense what you said might be too harsh and cutting each of you short.
That has to be the ONLY reason why someone would do that after one time.
And not just a lack of sexual chemistry but also a lack of an emotional connection too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships