Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
On some points I agree with you but men liked to feel attractive to the opposite sex. Even if were married or just dating someone. My wife & I made the mistake of letting our self's go we both gained weight after so many years together. Our sex life suffered as well as our attraction to each other. There were other factors that drove us apart but that didn't help. I believe overall that want to be looked at though out the years we're with someone. Not only does it make us feel good about ourselves but I think it makes whoever were with feel good about being with us.
I agree, reed. What I want to hear, in more or less this order, from a chick I'M interested in:
1) you're attractive (to her, not because her Mom or her friends gave me the "seal of approval")
2) you're intelligent or smart
3) you're interesting or fun or funny
If I hear provider, it had better come in 4th ... or beyond.
If I hear weird (and it REALLY means "nonconformist" more so than weird), I'm gone in a flash.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 09-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: minor correct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That has to be the ONLY reason why someone would do that after one time.
And not just a lack of sexual chemistry but also a lack of an emotional connection too.
Maybe, but it came across as you were not mind blowing this first time so hit the road Jack....or Jill.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Maybe, but it came across as you were not mind blowing this first time so hit the road Jack....or Jill.
I know it does but I think it's because sex happens too quickly and they don't have an emotional connection. So a physically awkward first time sexual experience can make a person say afterward "I don't want to do it again with them, but it's too late now because I've already done it and they'll want more" and instead just never see them again.

Last edited by srjth; 09-07-2012 at 07:56 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,182,337 times
I'd very much like to be considered attractive. I think I'll be better once I lose this weight and cut my hair.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,357 times
Quote:
I think it's really interesting that some guys say yes and some say no. I wonder what makes the difference.

It has to do with emotional connection and the degree to which the guy in question lusts after (read desires) the woman in question.

Getting "turned on" is more than just sexual arousal. If that was all it was then the almost inevitable lubrication which occurs when a woman is undergoing coitus, allowing for penetration, would count as "turned on". She may not be into it BUT her genitalia can manage.

It would be more than the arousal required for tumescence and turgidity (don't know if the term will pass CD's filters) since that can happen with a bit of massage regardless of the male's feelings. Just having that (let's try) erection would qualify as being "turned on".

But no -- it's more.

It has to do with being into the person.

And when it comes to relationships, well... Anyone ever heard the old adage Whoever cares the least controls the relationship...? It's generally true precisely because the one who cares the least is the one most willing to walk away, leaving the other person who is NOT willing to risk the loss of the relationship vulnerable to manipulation.

Same principle here.

A man does not generally walk around "needing" to be lusted after by all women who see him, although I'm sure if it happened it would feel pretty darned nifty (don't reckon I'll be finding out anytime soon).

But as soon as he is invested in a particular woman, the MORE he cares for her, then the MORE pleasureable her positive feedback as manifested in her lustful overtures and gestures, her desireous interactions with him.

How often do we see in these very forums "My wife/husband just doesn't seem interested in me?"

Question: WHY do we see that, over and over?

Isn't it... because it's nice to actually SEE someone lusting back for you as much as you lust for them?

Once more: DUH!!! Not to your question regarding the difference, Srjth; but to the whole question around which this thread is built.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
^ Very informative, Urban Sasquash, thanks.

Explain this though please, if you will? -

I once heard a guy say that he doesn't like it when his woman lusts after him because it makes him feel pursued or hunted by her, which makes him feel emasculated and out of control, so he prefers to be the one in control.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
^ Very informative, Urban Sasquash, thanks.

Explain this though please, if you will? -

I once heard a guy say that he doesn't like it when his woman lusts after him because it makes him feel pursued or hunted by her, which makes him feel emasculated and out of control, so he prefers to be the one in control.
I've actually heard the same myself. I find it a bit odd. I like the idea of being wanted/pursued. I don't think I'm the type to chase. It might be a lot harder for me to find a woman this way, but at least i know she'll really want to be with me.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've actually heard the same myself. I find it a bit odd. I like the idea of being wanted/pursued. I don't think I'm the type to chase. It might be a lot harder for me to find a woman this way, but at least i know she'll really want to be with me.
Get off the internet and go meet real people!!! I keep telling you this!!! I mean it!!! You have no idea what any of this is actually like. You have all these ideas and theories but you don't have any real experience. You are dissecting all these things and then getting all worked up about them when you don't even know what it is like! Women DO lust after men. And when a woman wants to be with you - you will know - no matter who pursued who.

Now - GO! Go meet someone!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Quote:
Oh man, I have seriously lusted after some guys and it sucks if it's not returned. That's when you know there's no point in continuing.
Mr. Happy believes every chic is a keeper, potentially. You need to find some guys who believe that.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't want to be lusted after. Who wants to be with someone who just lays there and doesn't seem into it? I think it's a huge ego boost when you are with someone who just can't keep their hands to themselves. Is there anything better than being with someone you can barely make it through dinner because you just can't wait to go home and rip their clothes off? Guys aren't total cavemen. I think they need to feel wanted and desired just as much as women do. But I'm not a guy, so I could be wrong!
I don't mind if chics help me with my stamina and endurance while doing some yoga poses. It may not be as exciting, but it is helpful and potentially very therapuetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships