Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times

Advertisements

In my case, I prefer it when women are willing to be girls and friends at the same time, even in the most heterosexual of manners and fashions in modern times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,786 times
Not 'lusted over' but 'attracted to'.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,608 times
Women can seriously LUST after a man. Full stop. He may not know it,women can be very secretive...but do not underestimate a womans ability to desire a man. And its not a purely physical reaction. It has to be SOMETHING about that particular man. His intelligence, humour, his brain.....not just his body. Though it helps if the man is physically attractive. No one finds a butterball instantly attractive.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Default Do most men need to feel 'lusted after'?

This one doesn't... however I can't answer for 'most'.

Being seen as attractive is nice but lusted after? Not unless it's by the whom your with at that moment...

Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
I think this is an interesting topic. To me it seems that the male need to be sexual desired comes into play during the dating process and is a requisite for building a relationship. Bear in mind I am speaking of men in their 40s; if you don't desire them sexually (among other traits) you will not progress beyond casual dating for a couple of months. And really, a couple of months is about right because without that sexual desire it isn't going to last anyway.

I have noticed that this type of sexual desire does not happen right away, instead appearing after dating X number of prior to sleeping together. Sex at this point, so long as you are legitimately attracted to each other, is a bonding experience that ups the desire level for both parties. For instance I felt neutral about my current guy, physically speaking. We started sleeping together after about six weeks, and after that I went from feeling neutral to feeling extremely aroused by his naked body.

None of this applies toward jumping straight into bed because you like what you see from the start. That type of lust builds nothing but can be fun. I don't think men need to feel sexually desired when it comes to quick and easy sex.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,837,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I agree, reed. What I want to hear, in more or less this order, from a chick I'M interested in:
1) you're attractive (to her, not because her Mom or her friends gave me the "seal of approval")
2) you're intelligent or smart
3) you're interesting or fun or funny
If I hear provider, it had better come in 4th ... or beyond.
If I hear weird (and it REALLY means "nonconformist" more so than weird), I'm gone in a flash.
I don't see anything wrong with this^^ from my understanding most men want this from their special lady, especially if they know for the most part they fit all of the above..

Old 09-08-2012, 12:52 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
^ Very informative, Urban Sasquash, thanks.

Explain this though please, if you will? -

I once heard a guy say that he doesn't like it when his woman lusts after him because it makes him feel pursued or hunted by her, which makes him feel emasculated and out of control, so he prefers to be the one in control.

Just now getting back, so just now answering.

That may be THAT guy...

Or it may be THAT guy doesn't know himself. Imagine how he would feel in the event his woman seemed to simply not give a $#!+ about him with regard to affection.

In this case he wants that "control" but the fact is that it ONLY works so long as she responds to his overtures by reciprocating. That puts him in a seat of power AND she "lusts for him", but on cue rather than overtly.

He wants it when HE wants it; when she wants it, with him she's not allowed to demonstrate her affections or he feels pressured and apparently emasculated -- BUT she needs to show her desire when he snaps his fingers.

Suppose he snapped those fingers and she glanced across the room at him, remained expressionless and then went back to what she was doing? Now she's most definitively not pursuing or demonstrating --

...but do you suppose he might suddenly feel even MORE emasculated?

That guy still needs it, still wants it; the only difference is that he wants it to be at beck and call rather than his woman being free to ask as freely as she is asked.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,791,621 times
I don't think men need to be "lusted after," but I DO think they need to feel needed and they need to be admired.

JMO

Just my observations. I'm not a man so I'm using my life experience to say.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
I think we really just need girls who are willing to be friends, at the same time.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Who would have to be doing the desiring in order for you to like it?
A woman. Preferably single. anywhere from 21 - 45 years of age. Does not have to be a hot bombshell. However, I would prefer if she was not too fat. At the same time, not anorexic(I myself am pretty close to the "slender" side)

The last person that desired me was a male. A big fat, emotionally unstable male who talked like a control freak. (I know what I want, and I will get what I want, by any means necessary )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships