Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times

Advertisements

I think I'm still not over my ex-bf either. We had a beautiful relationship that had to end because he had to move away. And so I think I was trying to continue my beautiful relationship with another man I happened to be physically attracted to. I want to move on, but it might be too soon. That might explain why I did some things I otherwise wouldn't have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Ignore him. He's just not that into you.
this ^^^^

Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
I think you should tell him you want to be a girl and a friend, at the same time. Most of us guys usually fall for that.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
^ that's EXACTLY what I'm trying to do!!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
It would not have mattered if you waited..He still would have had the same quiet indifference. If you would have gotten to9 know him better...You would not have been so "easy" -seems you know him well enough now to understand that it was a mistake. Next time take your time...charm and good looks are fleeting.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Stop offering yourself to him, and see if he asks you out. If he is simply enjoying the easy P you gave him, he isnt.going to tell you and risk it being revoked.

DUHH! Hello. Sorry but this is so obvious to everyone but the OP I guess....

Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Yeah, exactly.
Not sure what you mean by that, but after 25 years and 4 kids, it ended. I did get married a second time, but only because she proposed to me. She also got cancer in '01. And, that's been it. First wife, second wife. I don't know if all the women, these days, are concerned about "sleeping together too soon" or not, but that's been it. If I'm working out in my yard, I have women of all shapes, sizes, and ages stopping to talk, I get hugs every day, I've had women demonstrate that they are truly awesome in the kitchen. And, that's as far as it's ever gotten. "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I have no problem cooking for myself, and cleaning up after that. I've had women ask me for my recipes. I can sew my own buttons on, even replace the zippers in my jeans. In this case, it's a bit further south. Not one, to date, has demonstrated that she's truly awesome between the sheets.

There are a couple of 20+ that have taken over my kitchen a couple of times, and one hinted beyond that, but any woman that's going to get farther than the kitchen must be a bit older than any one of my kids. That limits it to something like 40 and up.

So, Free Beer, would you mind a bit longer explanation?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM

In my opinion, any guy having any issues with girl friends getting heterosexual with him should be considered a red flag. In my case, girl friends should feel a sense of entitlement to insist I put out and be a better boy friend in modern times, regardless of my mood. You are welcome to keep me convinced that it is some thing nice boy friends should always be good for in modern times.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,300 times
Put this on the backburner. His approach is not showing he's really into you beyond the physical exchange. Start putting him out of your mind and don't stress it. Be prepared to walk away but if he steps his game up then give him a chance.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM

In my opinion, a nice girl would get her girl friends involved and get him to clamor for a relationship, with someone else; and merely claim it is something nice girl friends should always be good for in modern times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships