Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
No need for praise for I was too hurt to do anything else. I wanted to deal some serious damage against her and it's one of my regrets. Long story short, drinking with buddies and neighbors (she was a neighbor at the time) in a woodshed. Getting into an argument with her over something (which I don't remember because I was drunk) and she goes and grabs a crowbar in the shed. She swung and ended up breaking my left arm so I grabbed the crowbar bar with the right and disarmed her. Ended up throwing it aside and grabbing her and shove/throw her very hard to the ground before she tried to grab a hammer. I wanted to have a go at her myself but I was in excruciating pain. I just wanted to go home.

The best part is that no one intervened because they were too hammered to care. I went home, put it in an old sling and went to sleep. It wasn't the first time I broke an arm but man did it hurt like hell.
Since alcohol was involved it's probably a good thing for you that you didn't do anything else. All bets are off when people have been drinking. The laws still apply and "I was drunk" is never an acceptable defense. Still if there were witnesses who saw her attack you first, you may have been ok. Either way it's better that you just left.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Nah, it would be a waste of time. The authorites are useless especially in this situation. They would probably do their best to find fault in me.

No need for praise for I was too hurt to do anything else. I wanted to deal some serious damage against her and it's one of my regrets. Long story short, drinking with buddies and neighbors (she was a neighbor at the time) in a woodshed. Getting into an argument with her over something (which I don't remember because I was drunk) and she goes and grabs a crowbar in the shed. She swung and ended up breaking my left arm so I grabbed the crowbar bar with the right and disarmed her. Ended up throwing it aside and grabbing her and shove/throw her very hard to the ground before she tried to grab a hammer. I wanted to have a go at her myself but I was in excruciating pain. I just wanted to go home.

The best part is that no one intervened because they were too hammered to care. I went home, put it in an old sling and went to sleep. It wasn't the first time I broke an arm but man did it hurt like hell.
Hammer? God Almighty it sounded like she may've killed you. If this was America, and I was armed, I would very well have just whipped out my piece and gone bang. That's not playing around.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:20 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Hammer? God Almighty it sounded like she may've killed you. If this was America, and I was armed, I would very well have just whipped out my piece and gone bang. That's not playing around.
I have a gun in my car and I do have license to carry. However, I was in a shed just drinking and having a decent time. There is nothing threatening about it at all. It didn't end the way I liked but whatever.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I have a gun in my car and I do have license to carry. However, I was in a shed just drinking and having a decent time. There is nothing threatening about it at all. It didn't end the way I liked but whatever.
What was she planning to do, bang you on the knee? If she's drunk or irresponsible enough to grab a hammer she could have whacked you on the head, given you a concussion/fractured skull, or even killed you.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
The wisest thing to do is walk away if a female strikes you..It is not different than a man striking a woman...It is about dominance and control. I have seen woman who are that dominating...they don't change...In my case the first week I spent with my wife in the beginning..I said something she did not like- she took a wet dish cloth and slapped my across the face...I barely knew the person- If I was wise...I should have left---27 years later this woman is still attempting to control everyone...man or woman- no one wants to be controlled like a dog.

Only a foolish young man would strike a woman who struck him...a mature man would not tolerate this savage action..You want to live like a dumb animal? Go ahead- it's not for me- violence....is for crazy people.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Most of those women would never step to another woman

Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most of those women would never step to another woman
Perhaps the best defence against these women is to bring a female friend along who knows martial arts, so the next time she starts something you can get your friend to beat the daylights out of her.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 AM

499 posts, read 756,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Perhaps the best defence against these women is to bring a female friend along who knows martial arts, so the next time she starts something you can get your friend to beat the daylights out of her.
Over the years I've seen many women step to men, but were quick to back down if another woman approached them. Says a lot.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 AM

12,960 posts, read 13,673,944 times
I have enough female friends and sisters that if a woman managed to land a punch she may suffer a worse fate than having a man hit her. Having her eyes scratched out by a big fat mean chick. But seriously, I have always told myself if a woman ever hit me I would just walk away and she would never see again.There are too many nice girls out there to be wasting time trying to fix a psycho. The same goes for women, just walk away and don't come back after the first time you get hit.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:05 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
On a different note, self-defense is a defense against a criminal assault. However, in many states the test is that a reasonable person in the same situation would have a fear of great bodily harm, if they did not retaliate, they can not flee, and the form of self-defense is reasonable under the circumstances. (However, have weaker rules. Check the laws of your state).

So, if you were cornered by any person with a loaded gun and they threatened to kill you, yes, you could probably hit them and claim it was self-defense and you would not be convicted of assault if there was sufficient evidence, although the point would be mute if you were dead.
The point would be moot, not mute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships