Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What about surrogates?
what about it?

people who hit up a surrogate basically have to enter into very complicated legal procedures just to claim that child after the women gives birth. A debate about it is if the surrogate (even if not genetically related) wants to keep it, could the couple have any legal recourse?

What's clear though,

if the surrogate didn't enter into a contract with the genetic couple, and the genetic couple wanted no part (which would never happen in a practical circumstance but LOL) then she'd end up responsible for it even though in this case, it wasn't even her egg involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 AM

442 posts, read 615,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Yea, of course. You can pursue anything. But it isn't easy, and it's costly. And it can be damn near impossible depending on the situation. You can't just waltz into court and be like John Smith impregnated me, do a DNA test! You need to file a suit, and get evidence. And everything gets COMPOUNDED in difficulty if John Smith moves away, to a different state and she has to track him down before she can even file the suit for the DNA. Really, why do you think there are so many moms out there not getting any support while the guys in question have impregnated, and sometimes started families of their own?

How. Can. Folks. Here. Be. So. Naive.
I'm a little confused by your post. In the state I live in there is plenty of assistance available to seek child support, even if the guy lives in another state. I don't know what you mean by impossible. I know plenty of individuals(men and women) who have their paychecks garnished for child support. Governements have a vested interest in helping individuals get child support.

If they guy is consistently working, the child support system eventually catches up with him.

Where it becomes more problematic, in my opinion, is if the guy is making money under the table, or isn't consistently working. Maybe I'm reading into what you've written, but you almost make it sound like you are describing a guy whose first order of business is to live his life in such a way as to avoid paying child support. Not every guy is going to run off to another state to delay paying child support.

The started families of his own comment is a little weird.....because the guy already has a "family of his own". That doesn't exempt him from child support.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
I'm a little confused by your post. In the state I live in there is plenty of assistance available to seek child support, even if the guy lives in another state. I don't know what you mean by impossible. I know plenty of individuals(men and women) who have their paychecks garnished for child support. Governements have a vested interest in helping individuals get child support.
The cold hard reality is, and I come from a place where this is common, is that far more mothers have simply given up tracking down the guy who got them pregnant and are completely reliant on the government.

Quote:
If they guy is consistently working, the child support system eventually catches up with him.
Nope. And the often scenario where this plays out is when the child is conceived out of the wedlock. Before child support can be assessed against the man, a DNA test needs to be done. For an unwilling man, this means the woman needs a court order. Legal bills stack up quick in this case, especially when the woman doesn't even know where the man IS and doesn't know of a way to show the court enough cause to force this particular guy to a DNA test. Poor women just don't go through with that. Probably middle class women too.

Quote:
Where it becomes more problematic, in my opinion, is if the guy is making money under the table, or isn't consistently working. Maybe I'm reading into what you've written, but you almost make it sound like you are describing a guy whose first order of business is to live his life in such a way as to avoid paying child support. Not every guy is going to run off to another state to delay paying child support.
There is a whole other world that you're not even aware of. Maybe men in middle-class and above SES find it more difficult to leaver versus pony up but that's not true for poor folks. Here is a song, it's not about ditching girls when they wanna hit you up for child support (rather leaving the state to drug run-something also common where I'm from) but it shows how easy it's for these men just to pick up and leave:

Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 AM

442 posts, read 615,227 times
Quote:
The cold hard reality is, and I come from a place where this is common, is that far more mothers have simply given up tracking down the guy who got them pregnant and are completely reliant on the government.

Nope. And the often scenario where this plays out is when the child is conceived out of the wedlock. Before child support can be assessed against the man, a DNA test needs to be done. For an unwilling man, this means the woman needs a court order. Legal bills stack up quick in this case, especially when the woman doesn't even know where the man IS and doesn't know of a way to show the court enough cause to force this particular guy to a DNA test. Poor women just don't go through with that. Probably middle class women too.

There is a whole other world that you're not even aware of. Maybe men in middle-class and above SES find it more difficult to leaver versus pony up but that's not true for poor folks. Here is a song, it's not about ditching girls when they wanna hit you up for child support (rather leaving the state to drug run-something also common where I'm from) but it shows how easy it's for these men just to pick up and leave:

The woman can give up, but that doesn't mean in some states agencies aren't aggressive about tracking down someone who owed child support.

As I understand it a lot of what you are talking about, the child support agencies handle themselves. I'm sure it is beneficial to have a lawyer.

But basically you are talking about a man who wants to avoid paying child support at any cost.

As far as not knowing where the man is, that means he basically lives his life in an invisible way...a little more tricky to do these days.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:17 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
what about it?

people who hit up a surrogate basically have to enter into very complicated legal procedures just to claim that child after the women gives birth. A debate about it is if the surrogate (even if not genetically related) wants to keep it, could the couple have any legal recourse?

What's clear though,

if the surrogate didn't enter into a contract with the genetic couple, and the genetic couple wanted no part (which would never happen in a practical circumstance but LOL) then she'd end up responsible for it even though in this case, it wasn't even her egg involved.
I don't know about that. Can you link the laws?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
The woman can give up, but that doesn't mean in some states agencies aren't aggressive about tracking down someone who owed child support.
One big hurdle you don't seem to be grasping is establishing the man owes her child support. Before the ball even begins to roll, that needs to be down and that isn't easy with the man not around in the first place.

She can't show up to court and say John Smith got me pregnant, find him, and perform a DNA test. She needs to establish some evidence on why this particular John Smith, etc

And it has nothing about becoming invisible. John Smith could move to the other part of the city. She doesn't know that. And yea, it's easy to find him if you have $$$ for a PI. But does she have the money? Nope. She doesn't have the will or even the idea where to look.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't know. I don't think he could spell. I might see him as a one-hit-wonder, starting a thread "Ladies: Am I attractive?" The underlying question is really "Will you have my 11th child?"
He would most definately use the famous CD "a women". Of that I have no doubt.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I don't know about that. Can you link the laws?
Who Is A Parent? Surrogate Technology Outpaces Law : NPR

Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 AM

20 posts, read 26,070 times
Quote:
It does fall on the taxpayer, so it makes no difference how anybody thinks it should be solely her responsibility. It's the man's choice to ejaculate in her, not mine. If he calls the tax payer first and asks permission, that's a different story. They make the choice to get her pregnant and it's high time these types of men grow up and stop sucking on the gov's teat.

With that said, I would be game to support the one child if the man opted for a vasectomy in exchange for financial responsibility. It would be worth preventing these guys from having more children, which these types always seem to do.
Excellent post.
These men
(or rather boys,... 'grown-up' men hardly exist these days), don't feel much for the woman they are with, so they 'demand' to have the condom taken off, so they can actually feel a "tiny bit" in order to get their "rocks-off".
What a waste of healthy lives and minds by bothering to be with and by doing anything with these idiotic, 'self-obsessed' males.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardensTrees View Post
Excellent post.
These men
(or rather boys,... 'grown-up' men hardly exist these days),[b]
When a man lives to his own set of morals that don't necessarily please women, the claws come out. It's like you females can't take a man with differing viewpoints that doesn't put you on some lofty, imaginary pedestal. Go ahead and whine I'm a boy. Think about whose the real child as your whining though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships