Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 08:38 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
My opinion on this is rather controversial but I'll say it anyway:

100% of the legal consequences should be the woman's to bear.
She is of course the one getting pregnant. And of course an abortion is 100% her choice. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

That being said, a man should be morally responsible for his child. I consider any man who walks away on his child a failure. Even if he doesn't have the financial means, nor the desire to stay with the woman (which is fine) he should make his presence from time to time known so the kids get the full picture of what brought them into this world.
Um, no. Because she will then turn to me, the tax payer, and I have absolutely no desire for paying for some guy getting his rocks off. They both should bear the financial responsibility. And what they cannot bear let it be left to the grandparents who did a poor job of raising them, not complete strangers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Manipulative and spiteful women can often turn a guy with the best of intentions into a deadbeat. I've seen it before. Sometimes it's easier to leave but then the easiest solution is rarely the best one.
I disagree, I don't think women turn men into deadbeats or men become deadbeats as soon an the woman gets pregnant. In my opinion, men who are deadbeats ALWAYS were, nothing changed when the woman gets pregnant. A man who walks out on his kids is a loser even if his baby mother is a bad person. But my response to that would be,

Why impregnate a "manipulative and spiteful women"? I've slept with some women who arent the best of people I won't lie but Id never father their children

Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Um, no. Because she will then turn to me, the tax payer, and I have absolutely no desire for paying for some guy getting his rocks off. They both should bear the financial responsibility. And what they cannot bear let it be left to the grandparents who did a poor job of raising them, not complete strangers.
As far as I see it, it's her body when she goes into an abortion clinic. Which is fine. So it's her body when she gets pregnant, and 100% her responsibility. If she needs support and doesn't have it then she can visit the clinic, put it up for adoption. And yes, in many cases society picks up the tab but that's more fair than one man being financially burdened with what's completely her choice (it was 100% her choice to get pregnant, and it's 100% her choice to see the pregnancy to child birth).

In the end, that's not how the law works and why I know many men who moved away to escape payments. Everything ends up on the taxpayer anyway. But I agree, morally the man should stick around. I just don't agree legally.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:46 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Why impregnate a "manipulative and spiteful women"? I've slept with some women who arent the best of people I won't lie but Id never father their children
Well you're not in control of that. I've known women to get pregnant on purpose by lying about being on birth control. Their goal? Who the **** knows.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:50 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Is it really so hard not to sleep with anyone you wouldn't want to raise kids with?

Is it really that unrealistic to keep it in your pants?

I mean, seriously?

Why is this even a topic?
Plenty of people manage to not have sex with everything that crosses their path.

But somehow, we have all these idiotic people who just bang anything that moves and then complain about the other person's lack of responsibility, etc.

I just don't get it. Are you mindless rabbits or are you sentient, thinking human beings?

Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
As far as I see it, it's her body when she goes into an abortion clinic. Which is fine. So it's her body when she gets pregnant, and 100% her responsibility. If she needs support and doesn't have it then she can visit the clinic, put it up for adoption. And yes, in many cases society picks up the tab but that's more fair than one man being financially burdened with what's completely her choice (it was 100% her choice to get pregnant, and it's 100% her choice to see the pregnancy to child birth).

In the end, that's not how the law works and why I know many men who moved away to escape payments. Everything ends up on the taxpayer anyway. But I agree, morally the man should stick around. I just don't agree legally.
It does fall on the taxpayer, so it makes no difference how anybody thinks it should be solely her responsibility. It's the man's choice to ejaculate in her, not mine. If he calls the tax payer first and asks permission, that's a different story. They make the choice to get her pregnant and it's high time these types of men grow up and stop sucking on the gov's teat.

With that said, I would be game to support the one child if the man opted for a vasectomy in exchange for financial responsibility. It would be worth preventing these guys from having more children, which these types always seem to do.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Well you're not in control of that. I've known women to get pregnant on purpose by lying about being on birth control. Their goal? Who the **** knows.
What kind of fool doesn't use a condom and spermicide, and the tax payer should be responsible? It's just wrong on so many levels. And these are the bottom of the barrel society has to offer to boot.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Is it really so hard not to sleep with anyone you wouldn't want to raise kids with?

Is it really that unrealistic to keep it in your pants?

I mean, seriously?

Why is this even a topic?
Plenty of people manage to not have sex with everything that crosses their path.

But somehow, we have all these idiotic people who just bang anything that moves and then complain about the other person's lack of responsibility, etc.

I just don't get it. Are you mindless rabbits or are you sentient, thinking human beings?

You can have sex with someone but not ever want to be with or have children with them

Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
You can have sex with someone but not ever want to be with or have children with them
My point is, "DON'T, YOU MORON." (Not calling you a moron...that is what I say to people who have sex with random people without thinking of the consequences.)

You CAN poke your own eye out with a stick. But you'd have to be pretty stupid.
And then YOU have to live with the consequences.

My friend got pregnant ON THE PILL and WITH A CONDOM.

Nothing but not having sex is 100% effective.

So if you don't want kids, don't effin' have sex with someone you don't want as part of your life for the next 20-30 years.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Why if I protect myself, shouldn't I sleep with people That I want to sleep with? I could understand if I was being reckless. And even in a worst case scenario someone gets pregnant, there's always abortion

What your saying is EXTREMELY unrealistic especially in 2012. Not every person you're going to sleep with your going to want to have kids with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships