Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:34 PM

313 posts, read 664,871 times

Advertisements

I went on a date with a cute guy to a karaoke bar Friday night. We had fun and he asked me to hang out again Sunday night. We saw a movie Sunday at a movie theater ( not at his house). Anyway, I think he is sweet sensitive and a cool guy. He gave me flowers on our first date. He didn't push sex but he tried to make out and stuff. So we kissed, no sex.

My dilemma is he is a musician on the side. He has a full time job that pays really well so making money from being a musician is not a problem. He is a nurse during the day and does music gigs at night. He has a band. He is the lead singer and he plays a guitar as well. It kinda bothers me tho that he does this heavy rock music. He's sweet and sensitive but his music is opposite of him. He's very attractive too so I know he gets a lot of girls attention. Music is his passion. He sings pretty good, actually. His band is trying to make it big. I think they have potentials to get there. He said when it happens, he would quit his job.

So I'm not sure if I will proceed. Am I potentially putting myself to be heartbroken later if I keep dating him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
What does his tastes in music have to do with you maybe getting heart broken?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,654 times
Sounds like you're looking for problems that may or may not happen. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
why would u be heart broken any more from this guy then anyone else?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
why would u be heart broken any more from this guy then anyone else?
Because we musicians have a *reputation* supposedly. I will tell you this though, if he is really serious and passionate about his music it will be more important than you are. Don't make him choose between the two, not unless you want to be a Yoko Ono type band killer.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM

313 posts, read 664,871 times
I know I'm thinking way ahead.

He's a good singer and very attractive. Musician gets girls easy especially if they sing good attractive and have money. Nurses make good money.

My friends said that I'm lucky that he likes me cause alot of girls would want to be with a guy who can sing, who can play, who is educated and makes a good living and sweet all in one package. But that's what bothers me that he may break my heart cause he's a "good catch" to most girls.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 PM

Friggin singers always get the girls. All they do is show up with a microphone and look pretty and act bad boy, the rest of us actually have to bust are ass.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Musicians (at least those in bands--you're probably safe if he plays the tuba) are in my "Danger! Proceed with Caution!" category. It may sound fun now, but you're dealing with someone who'll often be out late (at bars, around drunk women,) always practicing and/or with an inconvenient/inflexible schedule, and your date nights will fairly often be you tagging along to wherever he's playing that night.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 12-03-2012 at 01:26 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Musicians (at least those in bands) are in my "Danger! Proceed with Caution!" category. It may sound fun now, but you're dealing with someone who'll often be out late (at bars, around drunk women,) always practicing and/or with an inconvenient/inflexible schedule, and your date nights will fairly often be you tagging along to wherever he's playing that night.

This is true, which why I don't actively look for a special other in my life, no real time for it. Other musicians might be able to balance out a woman and their lifestyle, I can't specially working a full time day job on top. Then again a singer doesn't have to practice as hard as the guys who play instruments.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I know I'm thinking way ahead.

He's a good singer and very attractive. Musician gets girls easy especially if they sing good attractive and have money. Nurses make good money.

My friends said that I'm lucky that he likes me cause alot of girls would want to be with a guy who can sing, who can play, who is educated and makes a good living and sweet all in one package. But that's what bothers me that he may break my heart cause he's a "good catch" to most girls.
I've shared my story about the first time I met my wife but I'll share it again.

I met her, we chatted briefly, and when I left the wine bar where we met she was sitting at the center of a semi-circle of three or four guys. I said to myself "I'll never have a chance." But I stuck with it.

Don't write yourself off just because of what might be. Yes, you may have your heart broken, but if we go through life worrying we're going to have our heart broken, we will never be able to open ourselves up to all the possibilities of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships