Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 AM

864 posts, read 1,453,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeland121 View Post
We went to high school together but didn't know each other. I had a class with her last year and we were friendly with each other but I never had any feelings towards her because I was talking to someone else at the time. We have two classes together this year. We're friends and try to sit by each other but if she doesn't get to class in time I try to leave at the same time she does so I can talk to her a little after class. We're both juniors in college.
Aaaah, okay, I understand the situation now. Again, don't bring up how hot/cute/attractive you think she is, but the next time you two are walking out of class together, chatting, just ask her if she'd like to go out sometime...easy peasy! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM

47 posts, read 66,515 times
I plan on asking at some point. I don't plan on building up the moment over a long period of time, but maybe I should chat her up a bit for a week or two? Thoughts?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I would skip the lead-up and go straight to "would you like to go out this weekend?" The more build-up you give, the more likely you are to trip over your words.
This. The whole build-up thing sounds kind of wimpy. I would agree more with testing the waters by trying some chat a couple of times. Like, ask her something relevant to the class: " Have you started your term project yet? What's your topic?" Or "hey, how'd you do on the last quiz?" Or "How do you like the prof for the _____ class? He kind of puts me to sleep", or whatever. See how she reacts. Take it from there.

But...didn't you say earlier you're already friendly with her after class sometimes? So it sounds like you've already broken the ice. In that case, you could go to NoDoubt's plan: when you're chatting with her after class, ask her if she wants to go to lunch with you sometime, or get coffee, or hang out after school.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
OP I hear in your practice wording....

"Hey your easy, wanna go out?"

Instead say, "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?"
(Have a place and time ready ahead of time but don't let her know)

Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

For me, being in college, the term "hang out" has a completely different meaning than "go out". When I hear "hang out", I don't assume any romantic interest. And, it might also leave her wondering what you have in mind in terms of hanging out. Honestly, I'd just ask her, "would you like to go out with me?" ... direct is best, and leaves nothing for her to wonder about. That's my two cents worth, anyway! Let us know what happens!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 PM

47 posts, read 66,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

It certainly was not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships