Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is just no possible way a black woman could have the same values as a white guy. Completely 100% impossible. No way to have common interests either. Yup completely impossible. When they grew up in the same neighborhood. Attended the same schools.....

No way jose. I obviously have way more in common with someone who grew up in Nigeria and came here for college than my Irish pre-school friend who lived in my neighborhood. No way that's possible.
You didn't read what I wrote. I used words like "generally" and "usually", not "all" and "never." There's a difference.

Generally speaking, white men and black women aren't compatible when it comes to anything long term. If those two groups are looking to date interracially, white men would have more luck finding an Asian women they're compatible with and black women would have more luck finding a Latino/Hispanic man they're compatible with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
You didn't read what I wrote. I used words like "generally" and "usually", not "all" and "never." There's a difference.

Generally speaking, white men and black women aren't compatible when it comes to anything long term.
We understand that. But why do you think black men and white women are more compatible for long term relationships?

Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM

44 posts, read 49,069 times
Quote:
Everything from music, movies, social events, upbringing, culture, political views, etc. It's just not a good match, generally. I'm not saying it's never a good match, but usually, it isn't.
I agree. Although, there are plenty of BW that are willing to change their interests, activities, etc... for WM. And, I mean plenty.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
I agree. Although, there are plenty of BW that are willing to change their interests, activities, etc... for WM. And, I mean plenty.
change it to what? how do you know that some of those BW already had the interests to begin with??

Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,777 times
The one and only ONS I had was with a black girl. My parents don't know but its not because of her race its because I don't want them knowing I had a ONS.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:

Generally speaking, white men and black women aren't compatible when it comes to anything long term.
So what percentage of black women have you met to lead you to the assumption that we all grew up the exact same way.

The vast majority of the so called social differences in the US are class based and not "race" based. If you meet 2 southerners, one black one white from similar income levels, you'll find a whole lot of commonality in lifestyle, political views and hobbies. Contrary to popular belief....this works on all points on the income chart. Even more so for the last 2 generations than the previous ones.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone under 30-35 who doesn't listen to Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Green Day, Beyonce and Maroon 5. What are these so-called differences again?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
We understand that. But why do you think black men and white women are more compatible for long term relationships?
Well, most white women that black men date and marry share the same likes, dislikes, preferences, etc. that most black women do, and when you couple that with the fact that most black men are dominant while most white women are somewhat submissive, you have a decent match. Also, black men tend to prefer certain physical characteristics the makes them drawn to white women and also Latinas.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
black women would have more luck finding a Latino/Hispanic man they're compatible with.
So what makes a Latino guy more compatible with a black woman than a white guy??

Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Well, most white women that black men date and marry share the same likes, dislikes, preferences, etc. that most black women do, and when you couple that with the fact that most black men are dominant while most white women are somewhat submissive, you have a decent match.
I am a black woman and I am not dominant at all. You are really perpetuating nothing but racist stereotypes

I'd also like to add that what you said about black men and white women sharing the same interests are NOT true. I read an article that featured Nick Cannon he discussed how some of his white girlfriends not liking his music nor sharing the same political views that he did

Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
I'd love to find out about "white interests" and "black interests." And "white activities" and "black activities." I have been wondering about this for a really long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships