Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 PM

44 posts, read 49,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
change it to what? how do you know that some of those BW already had the interests to begin with??
A vast majority BW that share same interests with WM usually grew up in white neighborhoods, which is miniscule to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So what percentage of black women have you met to lead you to the assumption that we all grew up the exact same way.

The vast majority of the so called social differences in the US are class based and not "race" based. If you meet 2 southerners, one black one white from similar income levels, you'll find a whole lot of commonality in lifestyle, political views and hobbies. Contrary to popular belief....this works on all points on the income chart. Even more so for the last 2 generations than the previous ones.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone under 30-35 who doesn't listen to Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Green Day, Beyonce and Maroon 5. What are these so-called differences again?

Who said you all grew up the same way?? I didn't. However, the fact remains that the average black woman did not have the same upbringing as the average white guy. I'm speaking in generalities, not a few outling cases.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
I wouldn't imagine that black women/white men have anything less in common with each other than white women/black men. That just doesn't make sense to me at all.

I am not sure how easy it is to find someone who has every thing in common with someone, that is why when we find someone with a few things in common, we share the others with them as well.. Could be they end up liking it, could be they don't.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
A vast majority BW that share same interests with WM usually grew up in white neighborhoods, which is miniscule to begin with.
this isn't true at all. I mean even i had white male co-workers that I shared similar interests with and I went to a predominantly black grade school.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So what percentage of black women have you met to lead you to the assumption that we all grew up the exact same way.

The vast majority of the so called social differences in the US are class based and not "race" based. If you meet 2 southerners, one black one white from similar income levels, you'll find a whole lot of commonality in lifestyle, political views and hobbies. Contrary to popular belief....this works on all points on the income chart. Even more so for the last 2 generations than the previous ones.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone under 30-35 who doesn't listen to Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Green Day, Beyonce and Maroon 5. What are these so-called differences again?
Are you calling me a southerner?

Wahahahahahaha! Well, I listen to three of them anyway. Does that count? Oops. No it doesn't because I'm 38!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
THIS.

This is why I stated they usually aren't a good match. From my observation, the majority of black women who seem to mesh very well with white men are the one's who pretty much grew up around whites, attended white schools, have mostly white friends, have adopted white culture for the most part, etc. However, that's not the case for 95% of black women and one's upbringing typically shapes one's preferences and overall outlook on things.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
THIS.

This is why I stated they just aren't a good match. The majority of black women who seem to mesh well with white men are the one's who pretty much grew up around whites, attended white schools, etc. However, that's not the case for 95% of black women.
You are trolling right now.

Now you are changing your argument by saying its the black women who grew up in the suburbs..before you were saying all black women had nothing in common with white guys.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM

734 posts, read 932,815 times
I'm black and currently dating a white guy. I don't see the purpose of even broaching the family topic, until we are both very serious about our relationship. Currently, we are just spending quality time w/ each other.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I wouldn't imagine that black women/white men have anything less in common with each other than white women/black men. That just doesn't make sense to me at all.
I would agree but apparently, any potential differences between BM and WW can easily be overcome because their "dominance" and "submissiveness" perfectly complement one another.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You are trolling right now.

Now you are changing your argument by saying its the black women who grew up in the suburbs..before you were saying all black women had nothing in common with white guys.
Not trolling at all. I'm just saying that the black women who have the most in common with white guys pretty much grew up white. I'm agreeing with that other poster's comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships