Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 07:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
A vast majority BW that share same interests with WM usually grew up in white neighborhoods, which is miniscule to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
this isn't true at all. I mean even i had white male co-workers that I shared similar interests with and I went to a predominantly black grade school.
I am with Nyanna here. GS, I think that is a ridiculous statement you are making there.

I grew up in an all white neighborhood, white upper middle class. No black people. I was bused into a school that was probably half of each with a very occasional Mexican or Asian.

The neighborhood doesn't make a bit of difference. Then by the time I made it to middle school there was probably 2/3 black kids, 1/3 white. By the time I made it to high school, there were three white students in the whole school.

So who do I have anything in common with? I am a white woman. Aged 38. All white neighborhood in which I was the only child.

No one? Everyone? Who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Not trolling at all. I'm just saying that the black women who have the most in common with white guys pretty much grew up white. I'm agreeing with that other poster's comment.
I'm telling you it's not true. In my childhood I grew up in a predominantly black environment and there are white classmates that I have similar interests with(both male and female). I also share a lot of interests with Arabic people as well

Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Who said you all grew up the same way?? I didn't. However, the fact remains that the average black woman did not have the same upbringing as the average white guy. I'm speaking in generalities, not a few outling cases.
But this may be true....

Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am with Nyanna here. GS, I think that is a ridiculous statement you are making there.

I grew up in an all white neighborhood, white upper middle class. No black people. I was bused into a school that was probably half of each with a very occasional Mexican or Asian.

The neighborhood doesn't make a bit of difference. Then by the time I made it to middle school there was probably 2/3 black kids, 1/3 white. By the time I made it to high school, there were three white students in the whole school.

So who do I have anything in common with? I am a white woman. Aged 38. All white neighborhood in which I was the only child.

No one? Everyone? Who?
I agree with you. I think what he is saying is silly. Maybe he wants all the black women to himself

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Are you calling me a southerner?

Wahahahahahaha! Well, I listen to three of them anyway. Does that count? Oops. No it doesn't because I'm 38!
OMG. You are white! Do we have something in common? Impossible. :P

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
Quote:
I'm telling you it's not true. In my childhood I grew up in a predominantly black environment and there are white classmates that I have similar interests with(both male and female). I also share a lot of interests with Arabic people as well
You're a somewhat unique case then, but that really shouldn't matter. If you're into white guys, then date white guys as no one elses observations/thoughts on the topic should affect your dating preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I would agree but apparently, any potential differences between BM and WW can easily be overcome because their "dominance" and "submissiveness" perfectly complement one another.
Funny.....

Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,609 times
Bicoastal is right. The black girls who grew up in middle/upper class neighborhoods tend to go for white guys. the inner city (I'll use Newark, NJ as an example) black girls, most of them won't give a white guy a second look no matter what his social status. There is also more pressure on black girls to keep it in their race than it is for the guys, the church being an example of this. Like most religions or old-school values, they hold the woman responsible yet the man is off the hook for the same behavior.

I grew up in a middle class area. I really have nothing in common with someone who grew up in Newark. But that's really more of a class issue than a race issue. I got friends who grew up there and their upbringing was a lot different than mine; that doesn't mean things won't work out though.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I agree with you. I think what he is saying is silly. Maybe he wants all the black women to himself
Maybe he does.....

Old 09-24-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
OMG. You are white! Do we have something in common? Impossible. :P
LOLOL I am losing my southern accent..... I kinda miss it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships