Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM

44 posts, read 49,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I'm curious, do you think black men and white women share a lot in common?
Heck no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
For the last time, I'm talking about long term relationships, not buddies, or coworkers you get along with, or the fact that you and a black person enjoy shopping at the same store. I'm also speaking in a general sense, not in an individual sense, so one's individual situation is pretty irrelevant when it comes to speaking about something in a general sense.

The bottom line is that white men and black women usually aren't a good match when it comes to having a long term relationship.
Oh. Well, I'm sorry to have upset you. I was still on the page that did not mention LTR. It mentioned people in general and that is what I was replying to.

But while I have you here, wm/bw=nothing in common. What does bm/ww=? In a long term relationship. Do they have nothing in common? I don't know how one could and they other couldn't.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I'm curious, do you think black men and white women share a lot in common?
I think in his eyes, only black women need to have stuff in common with the men for the relationship to work. For men, it doesn't matter.

I mean since you know:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Well, most white women that black men date and marry share the same likes, dislikes, preferences, etc. that most black women do, and when you couple that with the fact that most black men are dominant while most white women are somewhat submissive, you have a decent match.
And obviously the "domineering" black women can't get along with white men. I am not sure who I am supposed to target based on this logic.

Obviously I have nothing in common with white guys. And black men don't want me. So I guess that means black women should become lesbians! Yeah, that's it.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a white guy on here I have something in common with...I have white male friends on here..I think
No way! Impossible!

I know I don't know any white people, anywhere on the entire planet I have stuff in common with. All of my past experiences were a hallucination.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:48 PM

734 posts, read 932,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, thank you for your insight that black women should only seek long term relationships with black men (and maybe Latino men) but no thanks. As much as black women supposedly have in common with black men, their long term compatibility stats don't seem all that great either.
Interestingly, in the U.S., white men/black women marriages have the lowest divorce rates, while black men/white women marriages have the highest divorce rates in the nation.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM

44 posts, read 49,067 times
developed interests =/= natural interests

A copy is never as authentic as the original.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
It's B.S. white men LOVE to be dominated by black women. They always want a black dominatrix

Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
It's B.S. white men LOVE to be dominated by black women. They always want a black dominatrix
LOL, that's not a role I'm willing to play and luckily, no white guy I've ever dated has asked me to "dominate" him. We just got along like normal people, believe it or not.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think in his eyes, only black women need to have stuff in common with the men for the relationship to work. For men, it doesn't matter.

I mean since you know:

And obviously the "domineering" black women can't get along with white men. I am not sure who I am supposed to target based on this logic.

Obviously I have nothing in common with white guys. And black men don't want me. So I guess that means black women should become lesbians! Yeah, that's it.
Why don't they? Have you asked any of them?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
developed interests =/= natural interests

A copy is never as authentic as the original.
Am I to take it that it is your belief that the races should stay with their own? Keep themselves pure?

That's fine, if that's what you think, but I really don't think that means that different races can't have things in common. My cousin has been married to a black man for 23 years this year, and they were together for five years before this. I have to think they must have had something in common....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships