Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM

499 posts, read 756,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
This is my main issue with you. You just LOVE to rub it in that the vast majority of men find dark skin unattractive in a woman...really how do you think that makes ME feel when you say that? Every other feature is attractive on a woman BUT darkskin...whatever

From personal experience, guys who find darkskinned women unattractive typically are prejudiced and go out of their way to be very rude to darkskinned black women. I've experienced this in school AND the workplace.
Ummm, that's a stereotype. I've never been rude to a dark skinned woman in my entire life. I've never insulted darkskin women either. You on the other hand have handed out insults to everyone and anyone that you don't find attractive or think should be labeled as undesirable. Like it's okay for you to say certain types of men whether by height, race, ethnicity, color, etc are "unattractive" or "undesirable", but then you get your panties all in a bunch if someone says your group is unattractive. Color, height, nose shape, hair color, eye shape, are all unchangeable attributes (in their natural states) and is a part of an individual's identity.

It's not throwing anything in anyone's face. It's pointing out that everyone is allowed to like what they like and reminding that you can't tell someone it's "wrong" or "not fair" NOT to like something. It's their right.

Anyone who is rude to ANYONE because of a feature they have no control of (which they should be proud of anyway because it is a part of their identity) is WRONG. Period. That's prejudice.

But this is not about racism or inferiority, this is about Dating, Love and Relationships. Life, Dating, Love and Relationships aren't fair. That's life

But there is nothing wrong with stating that you find something attractive, unattractive, MORE or LESS attractive without being condemned for liking whatever it is you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Ummm, that's a stereotype. I've never been rude to a dark skinned woman in my entire life. I've never insulted darkskin women either. You on the other hand have handed out insults to everyone and anyone that you don't find attractive or think should be labeled as undesirable. Like it's okay for you to say certain types of men whether by height, race, ethnicity, color, etc are "unattractive" or "undesirable", but then you get your panties all in a bunch if someone says your group is unattractive. Color, height, nose shape, hair color, eye shape, are all unchangeable attributes (in their natural states) and is a part of their individual identity.

Anyone who is rude to ANYONE because of a feature they have no control of (which they should be proud of anyway because it is a part of their identity) is WRONG. Period.

But this is not about racism or inferiority, this is about Dating, Love and Relationships. Life, Dating, Love and Relationships aren't fair. That's life

But there is nothing wrong with stating that you find something attractive, unattractive, MORE or LESS attractive without being condemned for liking whatever it is you like.
Every guy is not like you.

There are many guys out there who simply think its perfectly fine to discriminate against darkskinned women simply because they don't like their color. It happens a lot.

Quote:
It's not throwing anything in anyone's face. It's pointing out that everyone is allowed to like what they like and reminding that you can't tell someone it's "wrong" or "not fair" NOT to like something. It's their right.
you have made many snide remarks about how undesirable darkskin is to most men simply because I don't find short men attractive. I said it maybe two or three times before.

I strongly feel like I am being bullied by you

Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:

There are many guys out there who simply think its perfectly fine to discriminate against darkskinned women simply because they don't like their color. It happens a lot.

you have made many snide remarks about how undesirable darkskin is to most men simply because I don't find short men attractive. I said it maybe two or three times before.

Nope. You may take it as snide, but I'm just quoting others, stating statistics and some of it is my own anecdotes, and yes I'm not attracted to dark skin women, but my point is, you can't condemn people for being attracted to whatever it is they like as it would be wrong for people to scorn you for you having your own likes. That's their right, that's your right.

"Simply because" is not even it. You insult other groups, stereotype them and then get mad and red as a button when people do the same thing, or share their thoughts, as if you have some divine right to feel the way you do, but others who feel the same way or use similar stereotypes are wrong because "skin color" or "race" is untouchable when discussing attraction.

It's not bullying, but if you're going to get on your soapbox and foam at the mouth (your right to do so), you can't get all pissy when people pull out their soapboxes (and I'm not even talking about me).

I personally could care less if you find Short Men attractive, I'm not looking toward your group for romance, so that does not bother me. The insults, and things that come from your font about other groups (not just short men) are far from just "snide remarks".

Old 09-25-2012, 04:23 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:

People who aren't into dark skinned aren't worth your time anyway.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
People who aren't into dark skinned aren't worth your time anyway.
Exactly. You can't spend your time crying about people who aren't into you. Move on to the next one.

IMO, one offensive thing (and counterproductive thing) Nayanna said was she's not interested in African Men or West Indian men. You're entitled to your likes, but if you're looking for a BM, then you're really shutting down your dating pool.

Let's see

Nayanna isn't attracted to

1. Short Men (1/3 of all Black Men)
2. African Men (Sizeable portion of 1st and 2nd generation Black Men)
3. Caribbean Men (Sizeable portion of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Black Men). Here in NYC is chock full of guys of Caribbean descent.

A LOT of African and Caribbean men LOVE and PREFER dark skinned women. I remember I walked into a corner store with my Dominican girlfriend years ago, and this West Indian guy ripped on me for having a lighter skinned woman, he was going off talking about how he loves his Dark Skinned women (no I'm not making this up).

I notice this about a lot of not just Black Women, but women in general. The pool of men they cut themselves down to is almost frustrating to watch.

I remember watching this ABC special of Black Women professionals all of who were making six figures by their early 30s. They all said that they refused to date men under 6'3 (look for it on youtube). By the time they hit 32ish, they said okay 6', then by 35 or so they said, okay 5'10, then by late 30s, they said okay eye level is just fine! All while they sat single. They went on to say they'd only date guys who played football in college, had to have a six figure income and drive this kind of car, own this kind of property. C'mon!

This is one crappy example, but I know too many women who do this and they end up losing out. I know men do it too, but a lot of guys will settle or broaden their horizons.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Nope. You may take it as snide, but I'm just quoting others, stating statistics and some of it is my own anecdotes, and yes I'm not attracted to dark skin women, but my point is, you can't condemn people for being attracted to whatever it is they like as it would be wrong for people to scorn you for you having your own likes. That's their right, that's your right.

"Simply because" is not even it. You insult other groups, stereotype them and then get mad and red as a button when people do the same thing, or share their thoughts, as if you have some divine right to feel the way you do, but others who feel the same way or use similar stereotypes are wrong because "skin color" or "race" is untouchable when discussing attraction.

It's not bullying, but if you're going to get on your soapbox and foam at the mouth (your right to do so), you can't get all pissy when people pull out their soapboxes (and I'm not even talking about me).

I personally could care less if you find Short Men attractive, I'm not looking toward your group for romance, so that does not bother me. The insults, and things that come from your font about other groups (not just short men) are far from just "snide remarks".
You follow me into every thread stating that most darkskinned women are considered unattractive. You are nothing but an insecure BULLY. You are just upset because I said short men are not my thing. It's not okay to harass me in every thread, it's time to move on

Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
I have had IR but they were no secrets.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Exactly. You can't spend your time crying about people who aren't into you. Move on to the next one.

IMO, one offensive thing (and counterproductive thing) Nayanna said was she's not interested in African Men or West Indian men. You're entitled to your likes, but if you're looking for a BM, then you're really shutting down your dating pool.

Let's see

Nayanna isn't attracted to

1. Short Men (1/3 of all Black Men)
2. African Men (Sizeable portion of 1st and 2nd generation Black Men)
3. Caribbean Men (Sizeable portion of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Black Men). Here in NYC is chock full of guys of Caribbean descent.

A LOT of African and Caribbean men LOVE and PREFER dark skinned women. I remember I walked into a corner store with my Dominican girlfriend years ago, and this West Indian guy ripped on me for having a lighter skinned woman, he was going off talking about how he loves his Dark Skinned women (no I'm not making this up).

I notice this about a lot of not just Black Women, but women in general. The pool of men they cut themselves down to is almost frustrating to watch.

I remember watching this ABC special of Black Women professionals all of who were making six figures by their early 30s. They all said that they refused to date men under 6'3 (look for it on youtube). By the time they hit 32ish, they said okay 6', then by 35 or so they said, okay 5'10, then by late 30s, they said okay eye level is just fine! All while they sat single. They went on to say they'd only date guys who played football in college, had to have a six figure income and drive this kind of car, own this kind of property. C'mon!

This is one crappy example, but I know too many women who do this and they end up losing out. I know men do it too, but a lot of guys will settle or broaden their horizons.
You are going on ignore because you keep harassing me. I do not want my thread to get locked because of you.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Yes.

As a teen, I had a secret boyfriend my family did not know about that was white. I was a secret from his family because I was black. He was a secret because I was not allowed to have a boyfriend at that age.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You follow me into every thread stating that most darkskinned women are considered unattractive. You are nothing but an insecure BULLY. You are just upset because I said short men are not my thing. It's not okay to harass me in every thread, it's time to move on
Lol. What is there to be insecure about? You can't handle the heat, shut off the stove! If you fling dung, people are going to fling back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships