Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Why are Americans so obsessed with race ?

Is it because it's a taboo subject and you feel a little naughty talking about it ?

Are all these race threads some sort of fetishistic leaning ?

This is 2012, for God's sake !
Why in the Hell would anybody in this day and age care what race somebody was ?

Didn't we figure out some time ago that everyone's built pretty much the same underneath ?
Because race will still matter as long as we shall live...
It may not be 1964 anymore but most people are racist, including people of all races. It may not e as bad as it used to be but I really think people are unconscious racism thing going on, others are aware of it. Me personally, **** can be said about any race and a lot of stereotypes have truth to them.

That said, black female/white male couples will have it harder than black male/white female couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
What is generic white?

But to answer the ops question, yes I have.
Of course YOU have.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
very common practice, nyanna. I have known more then one white guy that is okay with screwing a black or hispanic girl on the DL but as far as acknowledging that during the day time hours? Um, no. Really hate to bring it up but it's a good example: this has been going on since slavery days why do you think there's people with 'mixed' ancestors (half black/half white)?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Slow down, you assume too much.

I didn't give a toss what mom thought. Tamika was the one that wasn't interested in dating, and not because of racial differences, she didn't feel she was in a place in her life to start a relationship. I respected her choice.

And for your information, she and I still talk all the time. She lives in VA still and I'm in AK. We mutually agreed to remain friends.
Okay but what does Mom have against black women??

Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
very common practice, nyanna. I have known more then one white guy that is okay with screwing a black or hispanic girl on the DL but as far as acknowledging that during the day time hours? Um, no. Really hate to bring it up but it's a good example: this has been going on since slavery days why do you think there's people with 'mixed' ancestors (half black/half white)?
Why don't the white women hide their IR relationships with black men though? I feel that white families are more accepting of black men than black women.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Of course YOU have.
Yes. Of course I have! I have to laugh, because you are an ass.

I was in 7th grade and back then it was not the thing to do. It was not an 'in love' relationship. It was two best friends holding hands.

It was almost twenty years ago and I was a child. I wasn't allowed to have ANY boyfriends, let alone a black one.

You may just want to try and get a life.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Don't y'all get it ?

By talking about it constantly, you make it an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmachine View Post
Because race will still matter as long as we shall live...
It may not be 1964 anymore but most people are racist, including people of all races. It may not e as bad as it used to be but I really think people are unconscious racism thing going on, others are aware of it. Me personally, **** can be said about any race and a lot of stereotypes have truth to them.

That said, black female/white male couples will have it harder than black male/white female couples.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Why don't the white women hide their IR relationships with black men though? I feel that white families are more accepting of black men than black women.

hmmm. I don't know if that's necessarily true. I have known a white girl or two who's parents would've gone ballistic if they found out they were sleeping with black men. So I have known situations where it's completely acceptable to have these relationships secretly b/c the parents/rest of the family wouldn't like it. This is going back awhile but there was this white guy that I liked. I was stupid enough to try and ask him out and he flat out told me, 'my parents wouldn't like something like that, sorry.' People like to say they don't care what their family or parents think but when it comes down to it, they usually do. I have also known an asian girl that was disowned by her family for dating a black man and from what I seen the Asian families really have a problem with IR dating. And from what some of my white guy friends have told me their mothers have specifically told them not to bring home 'black or puerto rican' girls. Bottomline is, a lot of these non black parents are more willing to see their son/daughter with the white person who has 2 kids then a black or spanish man/woman that is single and has none.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
I don't think that is the case. I think the case is that the ratio of IR relationships is higher with a black man and white woman than white man and black woman.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Having read the title of this thread only, my first thought is to wonder why in the name of all that matters the relationship would have to be secret in the first place?

If you like someone enough you want to be in a relationship with them and the issue is race, gender, social circle -- what have you -- then have the cojones to OWN it and be with them. Otherwise, it's not about a relationship, but about a pastime and about shame. You're ashamed of them, or they're ashamed of you.

And that's pretty much all it amounts to, colour it any way you wish with excuses and justifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships