Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
These topics always boil down to the same focus. Pretty much Black men vs Black women and who whites love more.

#1. Only 20% of all Blacks have a 4 year degree. Why do we pretend as if there are so many Black women and Black men with Phds. looking for mates? This exaggeration is laughable. If there are so many educated and successful Black women/ Black men. The state of the Black communities should be an even bigger embarrassment.

#2. For the Black women claiming they had no choice but to date out. That is a complete cop-out. You date out because you want too. Period. Your reasons for dating out are no more pure or depraved than Black men dating out. If you lived in a country were your only options were men 5'2 and 330lbs. I bet you would travel far and wide to find a mate you desire. So saying you can't find a Black man is a cop-out.
Probably the best post I've read on here so far. I've actually said that in another that the black women totally ignored. Only 30% of people in the entire country regardless of race hold a Bachelors degree, and if you break it down by race only 19% of black people have a Bachelors degree. So I would also like to know who are all these "highly educated women" who cant find men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Probably the best post I've read on here so far. I've actually said that in another that the black women totally ignored. Only 30% of people in the entire country regardless of race hold a Bachelors degree, and if you break it down by race only 19% of black people have a Bachelors degree. So I would also like to know who are all these "highly educated women" who cant find men.
I'm pretty much speaking for myself but I don't think I'm THAT rare. I have a bachelors degree and I would prefer a guy who has one. It's pretty basic to me.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
It's a ridiculous stereotype. If people actually sat down and truly people watched. You will see many dark skinned Black women out with Black men.

People love to sell this sky is falling idea to Black women. smh
I totally agree. I have many educated black women as my clients and I assure you most are married. However this idea that "there are no good black men who want black women" is going to sell in the media so it will be passed on for awhile. It is no different than "there are no good young men worth marrying." Myth not reality.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 AM

734 posts, read 932,741 times
Quote:
These topics always boil down to the same focus. Pretty much Black men vs Black women and who whites love more.

#1. Only 20% of all Blacks have a 4 year degree. Why do we pretend as if there are so many Black women and Black men with Phds. looking for mates? This exaggeration is laughable. If there are so many educated and successful Black women/ Black men. The state of the Black communities should be an even bigger embarrassment.
My reality, is not your reality and vice versa. 99.9% of the persons in my inner social circle are college educated and have one or more advanced degree. Obviously, we are not representative of the population, but we are very much the norm within our "bubble."

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the "black community" is not monolithic. There is a sizable number of black elite in the U.S., but unfortunately, much of the media attention primarily surrounds the plight of poor blacks. So on the surface, if you were simply to look at the poverty in low income black neighborhoods, the "black community" is doing poorly. However, the black elite enjoy the same lifestyles as upper income white, Asian and Hispanic persons. Therefore, it's really a tale of two cities, based largely on class, not race.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:14 AM

365 posts, read 644,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It's the new bar that is set. For some reason this "independent" Black woman has become the poor lonely educated successful black woman. This is something to aspire to be and if you aren't one. Then you are considered a loser or a bird.

But what is the true barometer for being called successful? Most women graduate from college with soft degrees. Men in general take on harder disciplines. That is why man on average get paid more. But we have every women that earns an associate degree from a community college and earns over 40k calling herself successful and looking for men "on her level". It's a ridiculous and highly delusional.

The next barometer for success now for Black women is dating interracially. Only White men can truly deem what is attractive. So every Black woman now claims to be hit on multi times a day by white men because that means she is now "attractive". So when you finish the campaign. To be an "It" Black woman nowadays. You must be educated (at least a two year degree) and date outside of your race (attractive) and playing the victim card is a bonus (I can't find men on my level).

It's all one big joke. I have met truly successful Black women. Susan Rice for one. I haven't seen one that has a problem finding a mate. Regardless of his race.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 AM

365 posts, read 644,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
My reality, is not your reality and vice versa. 99.9% of the persons in my inner social circle are college educated and have one or more advanced degree. Obviously, we are not representative of the population, but we are very much the norm within our "bubble."

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the "black community" is not monolithic. There is a sizable number of black elite in the U.S., but unfortunately, much of the media attention primarily surrounds the plight of poor blacks. So on the surface, if you were simply to look at the poverty in low income black neighborhoods, the "black community" is doing poorly. However, the black elite enjoy the same lifestyles as upper income white, Asian and Hispanic persons. Therefore, it's really a tale of two cities, based largely on class, not race.
Yes. My Black wife has a Phd from Catholic University. I have seen her "bubble" also. She and her 4-5 friends don't represent the larger Black community. So why do some Black women always pretend they do?

It's not a tale of two cities. It's a tale of a small town within a city.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,549 times
Gaye McDonald -- ka-SCHWIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGWITHTHELINGERINGCRYTALLIN ESOUNNNNNND....

Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
It's the new bar that is set. For some reason this "independent" Black woman has become the poor lonely educated successful black woman. This is something to aspire to be and if you aren't one. Then you are considered a loser or a bird.

But what is the true barometer for being called successful? Most women graduate from college with soft degrees. Men in general take on harder disciplines. That is why man on average get paid more. But we have every women that earns an associate degree from a community college and earns over 40k calling herself successful and looking for men "on her level". It's a ridiculous and highly delusional.

The next barometer for success now for Black women is dating interracially. Only White men can truly deem what is attractive. So every Black woman now claims to be hit on multi times a day by white men because that means she is now "attractive". So when you finish the campaign. To be an "It" Black woman nowadays. You must be educated (at least a two year degree) and date outside of your race (attractive) and playing the victim card is a bonus (I can't find men on my level).

It's all one big joke. I have met truly successful Black women. Susan Rice for one. I haven't seen one that has a problem finding a mate. Regardless of his race.
FYI: Susan Rice is married to a white man. She met her husband while pursuing her PhD.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,753 times
Quote:

#2. For the Black women claiming they had no choice but to date out. That is a complete cop-out. You date out because you want too. Period. Your reasons for dating out are no more pure or depraved than Black men dating out. If you lived in a country were your only options were men 5'2 and 330lbs. I bet you would travel far and wide to find a mate you desire. So saying you can't find a Black man is a cop-out.

I almost caught the holy ghost lol.

It's baffling whenever I hear this argument, and it's almost biblical on these forums. The vast majority of black men, or women are not college educated. Therefore to attribute the 70% of black women who are not married to the number of black men without a college education is a con game and a farce. There are other reasons as to why these pairings aren't occurring as often as they should, but few blacks are willing to overlook those myths to explain why.

This idea that black women are left wondering with a college degree under their arms, only to be pressured to "keep it black" and procreate with pookie is a lie. When the fact of the matter is, those women who procreate with low down males are really in the same boat as the males themselves.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Yes. My Black wife has a Phd from Catholic University. I have seen her "bubble" also. She and her 4-5 friends don't represent the larger Black community. So why do some Black women always pretend they do?

It's not a tale of two cities. It's a tale of a small town within a city.
The "black community," in essence, consist of those who one associates with on a regular basis. Again, within my social circle, everyone has a bachelors and one or more advanced degree from elite schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships