Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM

365 posts, read 644,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I would be lying if I said that I'm never approached by black men with college degrees. Sometimes I am. However, I would say that because these men know that they're "rare", they may be more likely to have egos and entitlement issues than educated black women. A non-black guy with a 4-year degree doesn't suddenly think he's God's gift to women because he knows it's a very basic achievement and doesn't mean that he's now entitled to HALLE BERRY. lol
I agree. There are Black men walking around that love the "desperate" black woman theme. They do get an Ego out of it and believe any Black woman is lucky to be talking too them.

The more Black women that do look at other options will help curb their Ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Lol at looking like "precious wanting Denzel"LMAO

That's real talk though
Well don't forget about all the Flavor Flav looking men wanting women way out of their league.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
As if, most black guys look like Denzel in his prime.
Most men and women regardless of race feel entitled and have a problem with overrating themselves.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:40 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I don't think they are pressured. For the most part, white men and black women generally have very little in common.

Well I don't have to 'think' I know. Black families and white families DO pressure their relatives to stay in the same race. I have seen it from both sides, so don't know what you're talking about there. And I disagree that we have very little in common, not sure how you can even make that assertion.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
This is the case of LOTS of women who graduate from college (city, state, private, ivy league, or for profit). They think because they have a degree, all of a sudden they are entitled to the top 1% by default. They forget that the core of dating is attraction. An ugly fat chick with a degree is still an ugly fat chick, but with a degree. It does not turn you into Cinderella. Your degree enhances you, not your overall attractiveness in terms of core looks. In a club a guy is not saying "Oh wow, that PhD is HOT". Same with men.
As I've said multiple times, a woman's degrees or level of education have nothing to do with the men she can pull

Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
This is the case of LOTS of women who graduate from college (city, state, private, ivy league, or for profit). They think because they have a degree, all of a sudden they are entitled to the top 1% by default. They forget that the core of dating is attraction. An ugly fat chick with a degree is still an ugly fat chick, but with a degree. It does not turn you into Cinderella. Your degree enhances you, not your overall attractiveness in terms of core looks. In a club a guy is not saying "Oh wow, that PhD is HOT". Same with men.

Pretty much.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM

365 posts, read 644,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Yes, because everyone knows that to be authentically black, one must identify strongly with the ghetto and see themselves as part of a monolithic down-trodden shared black experience.
ooookay? Where did all of that come from. lol

I grew up on Long Island and went to predominately white schools my entire life. So please drop the poor elitist black mantra please. Nobody wants to live in a Ghetto. Even the people living there.

Nobody said anything about who or who wasn't authentic Black. Next you will probably bring up that people have always claimed you talk "white". This isn't therapy.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
I agree. There are Black men walking around that love the "desperate" black woman theme. They do get an Ego out of it and believe any Black woman is lucky to be talking too them.

The more Black women that do look at other options will help curb their Ego.
Seriously. It insults me if someone thinks that I should be falling at their feet or something, and I won't deal with that.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:

I grew up on Long Island and went to predominately white schools my entire life. So please drop the poor elitist black mantra please. Nobody wants to live in a Ghetto. Even the people living there.

Nobody said anything about who or who wasn't authentic Black. Next you will probably bring up that people have always claimed you talk "white". This isn't therapy.
LMAO! Wow.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:46 AM

734 posts, read 932,760 times
Quote:

I'm simply pointing out that my definition of the "black community" is different than others. My community consist of those who are family and in my inner circle; not a group of strangers, who happen to share the same skin tone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships