Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 06:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

No. I date all types of men, no secret. I was quiet about a relationship I am in now, due to some judging based on ages and income, I decided to not worry about it. And guess what? No one really cares!

Why date if you can't shout out how happy you are to be with that person? That seems messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times
I have been in an interracial relationship and no, I did not keep it a secret. Why would I? I got over giving a bleep over other's opinions when I started paying my own way in life.

I can imagine that keeping a relationship secret might make my partner feel as if he's not worthy or I am ashamed of him.

Last edited by Pikake; 09-26-2012 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: punkshuashin

Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
nyanna all I know is that when we run into each other, he smiles and says "hi" and I say "hi" back. lol That's it! The other women who I see him talking to and hanging out with in the cafeteria aren't exactly gorgeous, so he's at least not so stuck up to the point where he only associates with hot girls. Whether he would actually date them is another story.
OK Sugar, what kind of a "Hi" does he give you? Is it the generic greeting or is there a little something extra behind it? The answer will be in his eyes and his body language.

Oh, and find out where he hangs out after work (and with whom) and get yourself invited to go along. Even if its something dweeby like that paintball stuff.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OK Sugar, what kind of a "Hi" does he give you? Is it the generic greeting or is there a little something extra behind it? The answer will be in his eyes and his body language.
I'd like to think that he seems pleased when our paths cross but I could very well be projecting. lol
Quote:
Oh, and find out where he hangs out after work (and with whom) and get yourself invited to go along. Even if its something dweeby like that paintball stuff.
I know I keep making excuses and I sound like a broken record, but I couldn't do that. I am good (great) at cyber stalking (researching, not harrassing) but not at all good at mingling. I do not hang out with my co-workers outside of work. It would cause me great anxiety to associate with people I don't know well. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Last edited by Amelie90; 09-26-2012 at 08:00 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 AM

365 posts, read 644,780 times
Before getting married. I went on two "dates" with white women. I felt very uncomfortable on both dates.

- One woman I was sure was a racist with a Black sex fetish. She had no issue telling me she doesn't like Black women (first time meeting her) and got upset at me because I said I found Black women attractive. lol That was a quick meeting. She still paid.

- One was some super annoying liberal. That I felt wanted to go out on a date with a Black guy to prove something.

Either way. It wasn't going to work out. I felt a little to self concious and I hate feeling like a translator.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:37 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
Before getting married. I went on two "dates" with white women. I felt very uncomfortable on both dates.

- One woman I was sure was a racist with a Black sex fetish. She had no issue telling me she doesn't like Black women (first time meeting her) and got upset at me because I said I found Black women attractive. lol That was a quick meeting. She still paid.

- One was some super annoying liberal. That I felt wanted to go out on a date with a Black guy to prove something.

Either way. It wasn't going to work out. I felt a little to self concious and I hate feeling like a translator.
yeah good thing you got rid of #1 ..there's no way you can bring her home to your mother...

Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post

Interesting combination: Racist with a Fetish and a Super Lib. I can imagine what stupid things a Super Lib would say, but a Racist White woman who wants to date Black men sounds incredibly Psycho (Run Forrest run). How did you find that one?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Interesting combination: Racist with a Fetish and a Super Lib. I can imagine what stupid things a Super Lib would say, but a Racist White woman who wants to date Black men sounds incredibly Psycho (Run Forrest run). How did you find that one?
Didn't the actor Terrence Howard claim that his wife was a racist once things went sour? lol

Old 09-27-2012, 10:58 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Didn't the actor Terrence Howard claim that his wife was a racist once things went sour? lol
Apparently, Anythings game in Divorce. I doubt anyone would stay with someone who was calling them the worst of Racial slurs. If it's true he may be as nutty as her. He does have some great looking kids from his first marriage though.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No. I date all types of men, no secret. I was quiet about a relationship I am in now, due to some judging based on ages and income, I decided to not worry about it. And guess what? No one really cares!

Why date if you can't shout out how happy you are to be with that person? That seems messed up.
Didn't you say you didn't date Black men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships