Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Terrence Howard is just ok to me. Michael Ealy on the other hand...
I am mixed on the both of them. I like Gary Dourdan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
have you been in an IR that was kept secret from friends and family?
I had one, years ago... its a funny story.

I'm black.

In high school. I was seeing this white girl. Her parents were the biggest racist in the world. She told me she was not allowed to date black guys so we had to be careful. So she told her parents that I was white so she could refer to me to them. One day... her mom answered the phone when I call... and when she handed the girl the phone I could hear her say "Who is that?" The girl said it was me... and the mom said O, ok. But he sounds like a N-----!

Needless to say we had to sneak around... so her parents would never find out. We went as far as, I had one of my white friends always drive and pick her up from her house. So he would pretend to be me. LOL... I probably would have been killed if her folks found out. That might have been the excitement of it. Who knows...

As an adult I never had any hidden interracial relationships.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 AM

31,039 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL! I do get the "older" white guy. Usually around 10-15 years older. They always seem to lead with a story about their black ex-girlfriend. I have had a few decide to show me pics of their biracial kids within in a couple minutes of meeting me. It is hilarious.
No surprise, Ive ran into the same thing, just with women. I'll be in a bar and the woman I'm talking to will drop a line about her last boyfriend being White. I don't see it as a big deal. She's just saying that she is interested. It's not nearly as abrasive as somethings Ive heard. Ive seen enough white women drop the "my old boyfriend was black line" too. Just a signal.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL! I do get the "older" white guy. Usually around 10-15 years older. They always seem to lead with a story about their black ex-girlfriend. I have had a few decide to show me pics of their biracial kids within in a couple minutes of meeting me. It is hilarious.

Haha I get that all the tiiiiiiime! It truly is hilarious. "Are you into white guys?"

"Hmmmm yeah, but I'm not into you." (My thought process)

Or..."My ex looked JUST like you." *bust out a picture of some busted looking chick who the only thing I have in common with is that she happens to be black* What an insult lol.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Haha I get that all the tiiiiiiime! It truly is hilarious. "Are you into white guys?"

"Hmmmm yeah, but I'm not into you." (My thought process)
I really hate that question. So what if I do like white guys? Doesn't mean that I'd automatically be into the white guy who's asking the question and 99% of the time, I'm not.

Moral of the story: Don't bother asking that question.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 AM

37 posts, read 53,471 times
nope, people here really don't care

Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
I really hate that question. So what if I do like white guys? Doesn't mean that I'd automatically be into the white guy who's asking the question and 99% of the time, I'm not.
Actual message from my facebook inbox (I guess he sees my ex commenting on all my statuses and photos, and pictures of me with my current bf):

"so i see u deff in to white guyz how come u never talk to me"

Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,560,225 times
Quote:
Actual message from my facebook inbox (I guess he sees my ex commenting on all my statuses and photos, and pictures of me with my current bf):

From the pics on your profile I'm sure white guys are trying to be in to you all the time.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
lol riiiight...as if liking one (or many) white guys means that you like them all. I also hate when guys think I'm rejecting them because they aren't black. That's NEVER the reason. Never.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:42 AM

349 posts, read 459,819 times
Quote:

Moral of the story: Don't bother asking that question.
I dunno, maybe the guys are just testing the waters when they ask that question to find out if you have or would even consider dating outside your race. As far as they know you might only be into black men and don't want to waste their time. Of course its wrong to assume that just because you have dated IR in the past that they are an automatic shoo-in.

Some of these guys need to work on their approach because I would find it creepy and odd if a guy I just met shows me a pic of his black ex girlfriend. He is walking around with her pic in his wallet to provide proof that he was in an IR relationship before?-weird.

Last edited by Kaffegal05; 09-28-2012 at 11:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships