Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,085,325 times

Advertisements

Putting himself in a relationship on FB to upset another girl?? How old is this dude? Forget him. He's a drama queen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 AM

934 posts, read 1,933,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Dramaaaaaa.

It's not worth it.

Drama is the lifeblood of this forum, so let's not be so hasty

Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,428,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGoldPride View Post
I am single, and one of my friends told me about a good male friend of hers, "Luke," who recently got out of a relationship because from what she told me, his old girlfriend was a gold digger. I didn't really ask questions beyond that, and not long later, Luke added me on Facebook.

Well, about two days after that, it came up on my news feed that Luke was saying he was in a relationship. Since we hadn't even talked yet, I knew that relationship wasn't with me and was wondering what was up. He didn't say anything to me until about another week later when he messaged me to say hi. He told me that he's not really in a relationship, but he put that to upset another girl. He claimed that he no longer talks to this girl and deleted her from Facebook. I still talked to him, and he asked me out, but I decided not to accept yet because I don't think it's the best idea to go out with someone I've only talked to on FB. We will hopefully meet in a public place soon, probably somewhere our mutual friend will be too.

However, when telling my other friend about Luke, I went to his page and noticed he was still saying he was in a relationship. This has turned me off a bit that he admitted lying but won't take it down, which I feel he should if he really wants to find a new girlfriend.

I haven't been talking to Luke because he is not changing this. I feel that since I barely know him, it's wrong of me to tell him to take down that he is in a relationship when he's clearly not. I mean, I wouldn't like it if a guy I didn't really know was telling me what to do so early on.

But at the same time, being that my friend told me about Luke, I feel like I owe her the courtesy of giving him a chance. Still, I admit I am skeptical, because if he is lying before I even date him, what will he be like if I start seeing him? Will he keep coming up with lies and continue his immature game-playing on Facebook?
You already know what it is that you need to do. You're telling yourself everything that is not right about this situation and your reaction. Trust yourself and walk away.

[and you don't owe your friend the courtesy - you have no obligation just because your friend told you about him]

Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM

101 posts, read 173,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Putting himself in a relationship on FB to upset another girl?? How old is this dude? Forget him. He's a drama queen!
The funny thing is, he's only two years younger than me (I'm 27; he's 25). I thought it would be a better fit for me because he's around my age haha. The only other interest I had before this mostly came from guys who were almost 40 that I really didn't seem to have much in common with. Then again, that was online dating and I've recently disabled one of my profiles for that reason sort of.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,257,982 times
If you are 27, why don't you already know this stuff?

Why are you behaving like you're 7?

Look into the future...what do you think is going to happen with a guy like this?

Why am I even wasting my breath?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 AM

102,110 posts, read 107,284,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGoldPride View Post
I am single, and one of my friends told me about a good male friend of hers, "Luke," who recently got out of a relationship because from what she told me, his old girlfriend was a gold digger. I didn't really ask questions beyond that, and not long later, Luke added me on Facebook.

Well, about two days after that, it came up on my news feed that Luke was saying he was in a relationship. Since we hadn't even talked yet, I knew that relationship wasn't with me and was wondering what was up. He didn't say anything to me until about another week later when he messaged me to say hi. He told me that he's not really in a relationship, but he put that to upset another girl. He claimed that he no longer talks to this girl and deleted her from Facebook. I still talked to him, and he asked me out, but I decided not to accept yet because I don't think it's the best idea to go out with someone I've only talked to on FB. We will hopefully meet in a public place soon, probably somewhere our mutual friend will be too.

However, when telling my other friend about Luke, I went to his page and noticed he was still saying he was in a relationship. This has turned me off a bit that he admitted lying but won't take it down, which I feel he should if he really wants to find a new girlfriend.

I haven't been talking to Luke because he is not changing this. I feel that since I barely know him, it's wrong of me to tell him to take down that he is in a relationship when he's clearly not. I mean, I wouldn't like it if a guy I didn't really know was telling me what to do so early on.

But at the same time, being that my friend told me about Luke, I feel like I owe her the courtesy of giving him a chance. Still, I admit I am skeptical, because if he is lying before I even date him, what will he be like if I start seeing him? Will he keep coming up with lies and continue his immature game-playing on Facebook?
Red flags. Is this what you want your life to be like? It will be, if you get involved with this guy. If he asks, tell him you're not interested, because he's in a relationship, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships