Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 AM

56 posts, read 121,801 times

Advertisements

I miss being close to someone who understands me and accepts me completely. I can't be my weird, random, spazzy self with most of my friends. But in a good relationship I can.

I miss the physical part a LOT right now. Not sex(virgin here), but holding someone's hand, cuddling a LOT, just pulling them in tight and breathing them in and instantly being calmed down. I can remember that like it was yesterday. But making out and all of that good stuff too.

I miss having like...a dependable, go-to friend. Most of my friends don't MAKE time to hang out with me. But a boyfriend would. And I miss that.

I miss laughing, kissing, hugging, and loving.

I'm newly single and not dealing with it very well. LOL. The relationship ended for good reasons, but now I'm just lonely. :/ I lost my best friend and my boyfriend. I'm pathetic. XD LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Movies, then dancing afterward. Passionate and engaging conversation all the way home. Unbridled laughter, attempting to sing in unison.

Scented candles and wine back at the apartment. Gershwin for Lovers playing quietly in the background as a gentle breeze caresses the tips of each candle's flame. Cherry spice. Burgundy satin sheets. No words needed at this point. Everything is understood.

Saturday morning, the candles have burned out, the breeze has cooled. Nothing to do but to lay here and cuddle. Morning kisses, followed by scrambled eggs and hot peach tea.

Do I miss it? Like the morning misses its sunrise.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Laughing until you cry
Inside jokes
That reassuring hand on your lower back when he knows you're uncomfortable
Being told you're awesome, even if you feel like crap
Having backup when things go horribly wrong

And my favorite thing of all...random kisses on your temple/head/cheek for no real reason other than they want to.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
God you people are making me cry.

If your gf/bf was so great in the first place, why did you break up?

I actually miss NOTHING about any of them except (always) the sex.

I guess none of them were "right".

Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

My ex was great for the first year we were together.

After he told me he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public things got a bit stale.

I do miss all the good parts, though

Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 AM

56 posts, read 121,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

He was a fantastic first boyfriend. I still have very fond feelings for my ex and he'll always have a place in my heart. I have a year full of awesome memories because of him. But he moved half way across the country with his family and I was starting college, so I ended things before we would grow apart and end up hating each other. He comes back in a year so who knows. :/

Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 AM

254 posts, read 316,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Imagining how your kids will look and behave ... Etc. All that fun pleasant stuff.
Only if you're a horror fan.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
I miss having someone hang my clothes, which is a dreaded task that I would pay for I'm cool with doing everything else.

On a more serious note, I miss eating and chatting with another person during mealtimes. I miss being held while sleeping.
Can I hang your clothes for you? lol

Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There are pros and cons to everything. There are people who wish they were Single also.

Benefits of a relationship come with a price and emotional tag also.
Of course...anyone who wishes they were single can actually do something to make themselves single.
You can't make yourself have a romantic relationship. You gotta get a second person to cooperate.
So I don't think those 'wish I were single' people really wish that. Or they would do it.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I think when I was single, what I missed most was the companionship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships