Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Aries?
Actually aquarius but just barely I heard we're supposed to be smart, but i'm sure CD posters will eager to say that doesn't apply to me But when I was growing up in south LA, I did notice I was smarter than the people around me and that saved me from ending up like a lot of my friends when crack started hitting the streets. Though, I still never finished highschool

Anyways, I remember going to a professional astrologer and he took such things as the place, time, year of my birth among other things to come up with my profile. It was accurate too.

Other traits:

Intelligent
Risk taker

and other people have described me as selfish and destructive though I don't agree with either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM

496 posts, read 940,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
My personality type: I'm quick headed, tempered and impulsive. I can be emotional and change from angry to happy in seconds. I'm also short sighted, stubborn, and don't hold grudges very easy.

My love personality type: I fall in love VERY quick but also fall out of it very easy and very quickly. Everything is quick but shallow with me.

I think the answer to this is that people's personality types will have more of a say in this than anything.
That's a great point and spinoff. The Myers-Briggs profiles discuss romantic styles and so do Oldham's Personality Self-Portraits. In my case, they have been pretty dead on about what it takes for me to become deeply attached and what it takes to become detached.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
There are many factors for how long it takes to "fall in love."

Old 09-25-2012, 07:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Actually aquarius but just barely I heard we're supposed to be smart, but i'm sure CD posters will eager to say that doesn't apply to me But when I was growing up in south LA, I did notice I was smarter than the people around me and that saved me from ending up like a lot of my friends when crack started hitting the streets. Though, I still never finished highschool

Anyways, I remember going to a professional astrologer and he took such things as the place, time, year of my birth among other things to come up with my profile. It was accurate too.

Other traits:

Intelligent
Risk taker

and other people have described me as selfish and destructive though I don't agree with either.
Your also a tree humper.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
It takes 2 people to make a couple, and every person is different. I do believe in love at first sight and then there are people that it may take months, who knows, maybe longer. I would guess though if you saw someone on a regular basis you should know within a few months if you are in love.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
I think it's so stupid when some of these people sit around and proclaim, 'we're soooo in love! it's going to be forever!" blah, blah, blah.....then 2-5 years later the whole thing goes South. what was the point in the first place?

Then at their wedding they are up there crying and talking about 'you're the BEST person I ever met." Years later they are with someone totally different, what happened to the "best person you ever met?"

It's not just a few people that claim to be 'so in love' it's more then a few that do this.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:21 AM

496 posts, read 940,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I think it's so stupid when some of these people sit around and proclaim, 'we're soooo in love! it's going to be forever!" blah, blah, blah.....then 2-5 years later the whole thing goes South. what was the point in the first place?

Then at their wedding they are up there crying and talking about 'you're the BEST person I ever met." Years later they are with someone totally different, what happened to the "best person you ever met?"

It's not just a few people that claim to be 'so in love' it's more then a few that do this.
"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime." You've heard that, right? People can have a positive impact on you without being your lifelong love.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime." You've heard that, right? People can have a positive impact on you without being your lifelong love.

if that's the case why do they carry on about each other if it's only for a 'reason' season or whatever. it's just stupid.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Really it isn't....

Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Really it isn't....

what? who is that to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships