Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times

Advertisements

Because men are horny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
And how do you really know that, huh?
Because they're crude, disgusting and completely open with each other. I've had many of them say they love having me around because they can 'be themselves' around me. I've also have a few of them say things and then look at me and say 'oops, I forgot you were a girl, sorry.'

I've also worked with nearly all men in my career and they usually act all nice and sweet for the first few weeks and then the 'real' them comes out. It's a stark difference.

Again, should I cancel my concert this weekend?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 PM

34 posts, read 36,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
If I was available, and your profile is pretty much true we may make a good couple.
Our height differences may be a problem, I am ~5'8".

The distance between our locations may be a problem too(if you are still in Germany).
Oh snap! Suki-suki now!!! Get it!!! Lol

Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM

34 posts, read 36,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Okay, so to be concrete your problem is guys you want to be friends but are not romantically or sexually interested in making a pass at you and then disappearing after you say no (unless I misread your post).

The first possible cause is that they really liked you and find it painful to hang out knowing you aren't interested. Nothing you can do about these, tough luck, but this is not the majority of cases so move on to number two.

The second possible cause is you act angry/offended and the guy thinks you don't want to be his friend anymore because of your reaction and things break down. Solution is to let the guy down gently (but firmly!) and then suggest hanging out (platonically) again before too much time passes and things get weird.

The third possible cause is that these guys have a full social/professional calendar and just don't have enough time in it for another platonic friend. Solution for this, you either need to befriend less busy people or alternatively need to offer more of value: whether it's just striving to be more entertaining when hanging out, organizing group events, matchmaking, brokering favors, whatever, you need to do something to justify absorbing the Saturday night of someone with a surfeit of options.

The problem specifically is that I just want to be friends they want more and after I let them know its bit going to be more... They act as if "this more" that they want will eventually happen, so they stick around and just count the clock while lusting. I just want them to accept my friendship as the only offer. And I have been having problem finding a guy who will just see me like a female relative "you know the non investing type" lol

Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
We are not talking about "talking" but hanging around. Quite honestly all of my friends have significant others so when we go out we want to be by ourselves, guys only. Once you have even one female everything changes and nobody can be himself. You want us to treat you like one of the guys but this is not going to happen. You are not a guy. Why is this so difficult to understand? Women are the same exact way.

You are the one that isn't understanding, could be your age.

I have known females that were more crude than many males, yes, they were straight and were proper women when they needed to.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Because they're crude, disgusting and completely open with each other. I've had many of them say they love having me around because they can 'be themselves' around me. I've also have a few of them say things and then look at me and say 'oops, I forgot you were a girl, sorry.'

I've also worked with nearly all men in my career and they usually act all nice and sweet for the first few weeks and then the 'real' them comes out. It's a stark difference.

Again, should I cancel my concert this weekend?
The they don't treat you like a women at all. I don't know what is worse....

Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
The they don't treat you like a women at all. I don't know what is worse....
And how should one treat a woman? I'm a human, I should be treated thusly. Everything else is social construct.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And how should one treat a woman? I'm a human, I should be treated thusly. Everything else is social construct.
But we chose to live in a society and have to obey its rules. Most women expect to be treated differently than men

Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
But we chose to live in a society and have to obey its rules.
What rules? Please, feel free to elaborate on the rules I'm forced to follow that make me a 'woman'.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeChalupa View Post
The problem specifically is that I just want to be friends they want more and after I let them know its bit going to be more... They act as if "this more" that they want will eventually happen, so they stick around and just count the clock while lusting. I just want them to accept my friendship as the only offer. And I have been having problem finding a guy who will just see me like a female relative "you know the non investing type" lol
I got an idea, Zoe. I don't know if it would apply to men over thirty, but men between 20 and 30 still oftentimes seem to have similar goals to teenagers...wanting to get the goody-goodies without wreaking too much havoc.

Feel free to talk about your boyfriend sometimes, the positive or amusing factors, preferably. Don't expect them to give relationship advice. That could make us feel quite low and girly, but feel free to mention how much you like him, particularly if we get that, wide-eyed enfatuated look. Lots of us will want to sleep with you if you're decent looking, but that doesn't mean we'll act on that impulse. I knew many, many men in college who desired female companions just for their presence. Your age (25) is pretty close to the college age. That means that many men your age may want that too...the thing I think that should be remembered is many, many of us will want to sleep with you too. Again though, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it as worth the loss of your friendship to make a move.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. Brag about your boyfriend around your male friends occasionally. You might want to avoid talking about any flaws he has around your male friends too. If they get turned off by this...they shouldn't if all they want is to be friends....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships