Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times

Advertisements

She ticks all the boxes. But am already in a relationship.
Don't worry I would never cheat. Thats not what this thread is about.

My point is this.....at this point she doesn't know I'm not single.
Next time I see her I plan to tell her. Ideally if my current relationship was to fail (which obviously I don't plan on but you never know) I would date her. Note my current LTR is only my second LTR in my life. So wouldn't say I'm a fountain of knowledge on the subject.

I am thinking about saying something along the lines of "I would date you in a heartbeat If I were single".
Thoughts on saying this to her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 05:46 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I am not sure I would tease her like that, by telling her a line about how you would date her, but...

How confident are you really in your present relationship? It doesn't sound to me like you are all that confident it is something that is really going to last. Has their been troubles? Are you unhappy?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
In what circumstances would you see her again? It sounds like you are looking for trouble.

I mean, are you in a long-term relationship or not? Only YOU can decide. Don't try to put this new person "on hold" by teasing with her.

As they say, if you don't want to fall off the cliff, don't walk next to the edge.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Lol so you're basically telling her she's back up.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In what circumstances would you see her again? It sounds like you are looking for trouble.

I'm doing a job on her property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I mean, are you in a long-term relationship or not? Only YOU can decide. Don't try to put this new person "on hold" by teasing with her.

As they say, if you don't want to fall off the cliff, don't walk next to the edge.

Fair call. However my point wasn't with the intent of teasing her. Rather a compliment. Finding people you are compatible with is not easy. That said, under the circumstances its probably not appropriate.

Last edited by dave nz; 09-25-2012 at 06:44 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
At least you didn't meat another woman?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I am thinking about saying something along the lines of "I would date you in a heartbeat If I were single".
Thoughts on saying this to her?
Fact is, you aren't single. Why even go there?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:56 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Good lord NO don't tell her that. I can think of nothing more appalling than someone working on my property telling me he's in a relationship but would date me if he were single. I. Don't. Want. To. Know.

If you were single, fine - ask her out respectfully. But you just come off as a creep and unsettling if you're saying "hey, i'd like to bang you, but I'm hampered by a relationship." You're also telling her that if she gets involved with you, you might find something you like better on your next job.

Honestly, if this woman "ticks all the boxes," what does your current girlfriend do? Are you just holding on to her because of the "bird in the hand" principle or because you honestly, genuinely want to be with HER?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 AM

3,923 posts, read 6,836,808 times
Seriously, just don't even say anything. Any subtle advances that come your way just brush them off and don't reciprocate. If she lunges at you to kiss you, politely tell her that you are currently dating someone. Then you can back that up with a "your great and I would date you if I was single" type of saying. Simply assuming she is into you and mentioning to her that your taken and then saying if you ever "become" single you will let her know is just weird. Let her flirt with you and dont do anything in return.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:19 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
At least you didn't meat another woman?

Naughty naughty, but funny. so far so good.

don't tell her anything. Relationships are all about timing. You say something now, she will put that in her mind, so if anything ever happens, she will remember you hitting on her while you were in a relationship. Cause, YOU ARE hitting on her! You feel, I've got nothing to lose, she turns me down, I still go home to my SO, she accepts, I may have a FWB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships