Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 AM

588 posts, read 1,023,260 times

Advertisements

I'm 27 and still haven't been on a date. I have a ton of physical flaws and I am afraid women wont look past them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,293,805 times
What are physical flaws? Can you give a better explanation?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,945,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I'm 27 and still haven't been on a date. I have a ton of physical flaws and I am afraid women wont look past them.
Blame it on TV and celebrities:P

If a woman can't look past your "physical flaws" then trust me you don't want to be with that woman.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM

588 posts, read 1,023,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
What are physical flaws? Can you give a better explanation?

Short
Thinning hair
stretch marks
gynecomastia
small penis

The list goes on and on and on.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,947,658 times
Your problem is not your physical attributes, but the fear that no woman would be able to see you for who you are beyond those attributes. Let women decide if your physical attributes are negatives or not.

Just by considering them insurmountable flaws is holding you back. That lack of confidence in yourself is going to be noticable by women, and is not going to make you inviting or attractive.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
All I can say is find your strengths and build on them. If women see that you are working on improving life, then they will be a little more receptive.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,662,335 times
How would anyone know about your stretch marks or the size of your penis before rejecting you? Do you tell them? If so I would STOP DOING THAT RIGHT NOW.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,950,244 times
yea, you got to build on what you can.
Go to the gym. Work out.
Address the things you can, and let go of the things you can't.

There will always be some things you can never change. Be ok with those things, and go forward.

Life is SUPPOSED to be fun. Just try to have fun.

To have these concerns at this age is really holding you back. The more you let these things hold you back, the more 'behind' you will get.
Buy some clothes that you like AND flatter you.
Get some hobbies and healthy passions.

Build yourself inward, relationships dont make you happy. It is just a nice addition to your life if it is healthy. If you get into a bad relationship, the affects can mentally scar you and damage you worse than ANY of you insecurities about your self ever will.
And most of the time, people HAVE to learn this the hard way. And that life lesson sucks.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,322,103 times
Quote:
Short
Thinning hair
stretch marks
gynecomastia
small penis

The list goes on and on and on.
1) Not a big deal for a lot of women. Be confident (but not obnoxious). Target short women.
2) Shave your head
3) Tone your body up - the stretch marks won't matter if you've got actual muscle. Start running and go to the gym.
4) Look into surgery and save up. Otherwise, don't be self-conscious about it.
5) Read up on sex and learn other techniques that don't involve your schlong. I just encountered my first-ever small penis not too long ago after only having been with very well-endowed men (just how it worked out, not a requirement for me), and this guy did so much other stuff well, it REALLY didn't matter.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,253,205 times
Quote:
1. Place yourself in situations where you can meet women. (Live in an apartment complex with lots of single people, do volunteer work, take classes at a school [sewing, homemaking, cooking, secretarial/typing - any classes with lots of women], go for walks around your neighborhood everyday, etc.)

2. When you strike up a conversation with a woman and talk for about 10 minutes*, ask her if she would like to go have a cup of coffee with you sometime. Exchange phone numbers. Simple as that!

*If you are not good at talking to women, find "Counseling" in the yellow pages. Go see a counselor. They many times have "groups" where you can learn and practice how to have conversations with others.

Note: Don't worry about your "imperfections". Forget about it! Nobody is perfect. Many men have small "tools" yet are happily married and have kids. Hugging and touching are very important to women - women are different from men. Many women I know are more interested in personality, not what someone looks like. Anyway read books about sexuality and what pleases women. You can learn to do things which will make women quite happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships