Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM

601 posts, read 758,567 times

Advertisements

touche. Havent u been hearing all the freeloaders on here bash about men not spending any money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Are drinks at the bar supposed to be free? Everybody pays.

If men feel that they are paying for sex with a ONS, perhaps they should find a hang out spot where everything is free.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No, they don't. A man might spend money on a one night stand - and the money would be in the form of drinks, dinner, etc. He is not actually handing over a wad of cash in exchange for services.

Like I said, if someone in a one night stand has to spend, it’s men, not women. So the person who started the thread is asking I guess because both involve a man paying to have access to sex. If a man had access to sex without the need of opening his wallet for anything (her meal, drinks, hotel, etc.), different story. Then there’s an answer for the person who started the thread: some one night stands do involve a man opening his wallet and there might be some scenarios where a woman does not require a man to buy her anything at all.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If she didn’t require a man to buy her a drink to have access to her company or whatever, both paid for the hotel, then yeah, I get you, no money at all involved in a case like that.
It's not the woman's fault that drinks at the bar and the cost to rent a hotel aren't free.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:

Like I said, if someone in a one night stand has to spend, it’s men, not women. So the person who started the thread is asking I guess because both involve a man paying to have access to sex. If a man had access to sex without the need of opening his wallet for anything (her meal, drinks, hotel, etc.), different story. Then there’s an answer for the person who started the thread: some one night stands do involve a man opening his wallet and there might be some scenarios where a woman does not require a man to buy her anything at all.
Are you trying to be obtuse or do you actually not understand the difference between paying for a hooker and buying a woman a drink?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,116 times
Quote:

so you are going to blame the fact that meals, drinks and hotel cost money on the woman now???

Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM

601 posts, read 758,567 times
theyre both the same. People just try to sugar coat it as classy.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
seems to me the same thing really.

so why the fuss about paying for it?

a one-night stand has no emotion to it, and is just a cheap thrill - the same as using a streetwalker.

is there any difference?
This difference is, a one-night stand is with you because she (or he) wants to be. A hooker is there because it is her (or his) job. In the first place, the "thrill" is real; in the second, it is faked.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
a guy is paying for sex with a hooker. With a ONS he isn't.
Exactly. The hooker is getting paid directly for the sole purpose of sex. With the ons there is no exchange of money. ONS's just happen, at least for most people. People are confusing buying drinks as a form of payment for the ONS. The hooker makes a living off it and there's not attraction. The ONS is 2 people acting on impulse (sometimes or usually).

Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
This difference is, a one-night stand is with you because she (or he) wants to be. A hooker is there because it is her (or his) job. In the first place, the "thrill" is real; in the second, it is faked.
Simply, this.

More abstractly, if you're at the point in your life where you need to pay to get the affections of a woman, and only a representation of that, then you need to understand that the problem isn't with women, it's with you.

One night stands: "I'm horny. She's available. She's horny. I'm available. Why not?"
Hookers: "I'm so horny that I'll pay to get off".

Old 09-26-2012, 06:09 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.