Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately my experience has been the ugliest guys were mean. The guys I dated who treated me like garbage were ugly men who begged me to give them a chance. The nicest boyfriend who I still talk to was average looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Surprisingly, a lot of pretty women aren't approached because men are simply intimidated by them so when they actually are approached they are nicer about it.
I believe this. And the same could be said for attractive guys.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:19 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Based on your logic, I must be really beautiful because I am nice. Wow, who knew it was so easy!
Me too!

I'm thinking if the average looking meanies are commenting on the OP's negative attitude and not wanting to do anything to change it, there is more conversation going on than just asking for a date. How else would they know this?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Sweeping generalizations are almost always false.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:27 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Im just glad for once its not short guys being psychoanalyzed and correlating every negative personlaity trait with our appereance

Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Flies right in the face of all common sense.

I've been making a concentrated effort for several years to try and be less superficial. I have not even approached a woman that i would consider Better Looking than Average in at least 2 years. I was thinking before that perhaps i was too superficial, and i should really make an effort to give average and even below-average looking women a chance. I should really try and pay attention to the ladies that other guys overlook, in the hopes that i would find some nicer ladies and also not get rejected so much.

Guys, it does not work! I got shot down a lot in my life, by both model-type women and average women. And let me tell you... when a very pretty woman shoots you down, it is surprising how classy she will tend to be about it. It still sucks getting rejected. But average looking women are just harsh! They yell at you for complaining too much and not doing enough about your problems, even though they don't even know you and they have no idea how hard you are trying to improve your life. They tell you that you are too negative. They give you all kinds of "life advice" that really just hurts and tears down your self esteem even more. All under the guise of being "well-meaning, just trying to help." With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

All these years, people have been telling me to not be so superficial... that if only i would stop going for the overly attractive women, i would have no trouble finding a nice girl. Let me tell you, after more than two years, it's not working. I'm going to go back to approaching supermodels. I'll still probably get shot down, but at least i won't have to deal with all the harsh lectures. They are usually just quick and classy about it. It makes no sense whatsoever, but it just is true over and over again that extremely pretty girls are not as rude or harsh as average looking women.
Okay... What do you say to them that compels them to respond in that way? What kind of problems do you have? They probably didn't mean to be rude. They probably actually care about you. I'd have to be there. I myself have had people tell me that I'm too negative and I complain too much. However, that was quite a while before. Certain things have changed

I have a lot of issues myself, including one big issue which I have to resolve before I can really resume the relationship pursuit.

It's probably better to back up and focus on improving your life in ways you can. Try to take care of what it is that is bugging you. You are just at that stage in your life where it is better to focus on building something. Once you build it, you will probably feel a little more confident. Then you will have better success with women.

P.S. If a woman busts your balls when you are down and out, she might actually like you.

It's the women that don't care 2 s***s about you that will just say "Okay, whatever."

Old 09-26-2012, 03:46 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
And let me tell you... when a very pretty woman shoots you down, it is surprising how classy she will tend to be about it.

Maybe they've got a lot more practice.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:48 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,914 times
wow can we use some common sense?

How do you think the majority of average/below average women been treated throughout their lives?
How do you think women with supermodel looks have been treated all their life? People bend over backwards for beautiful people regardless of their gender.

That may give you a little hinty hint on the discrepancy in attitude.

I really hope to god that the males on citydata arent representative of the general male population cuz seriously some of these thread topics...

Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Honestly this is one reason I avoid ugly men. Not only are they repulsive but are mean to boot. Who wants to date an ugly guy who is also mean?
I'm not mean.

But then again I'm not ugly either... in the dark.

My drivers license thinks I'm ugly, though.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
wow can we use some common sense?

How do you think the majority of average/below average women been treated throughout their lives?
How do you think women with supermodel looks have been treated all their life? People bend over backwards for beautiful people regardless of their gender.
That may give you a little hinty hint on why their attitude is what it is.

I really hope to god that the males on citydata arent representative of the general male population cuz seriously some of these thread topics...
Well, I guess that's why I'm an a-hole, then. I'm an ugly looking man and so I've been treated like blank by a lot of people.

No wonder I'm such a jerk.

Thanks.

See, excuses work for both genders.

It ain't a man vs woman world the way many of you feminists think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships