Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
What i meant was..

Youre attracted to men whom are not submissive.
But,likewise, you couldnt function in a relationship where the men had the same grade of personality.

you function better, although you arent as attracted to, with betas vs alphas.
I only date beta men. Alphas are way too controlling. Beta men take care of their kids, and cook and clean like I would. Alphas would expect me to do the majority of the cooking, cleaning and childcare.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,795,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously? You really think this? Dude...you need a reality check. Damn near every woman (easily 9 out of 10) cooks at home - REAL COOKING. And bakes too....yes from SCRATCH. I can't believe you are this removed from the real world.

Sorry, but all those appliances don't mean my housekeeping and cooking times are menial - far from it. I have to spend 2 hours just scrubbing the damn kitchen floor. Cooking a real meal can be 30 min, or 4 hours...it depends on what I am making. Washers wash the clothes and dryers dry them, but folding and putting the laundry away takes more time than anything. Anyone will does those things would know this.
How did our grandmothers with four or five kids, no appliances, no fridges and buying meet that has not been portioned into nice, clean packages survivied?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I only date beta men. Alphas are way too controlling. Beta men take care of their kids, and cook and clean like I would. Alphas would expect me to do the majority of the cooking, cleaning and childcare.
Sounds like it is you who want to be in control but in every relationhip you discover that control over men does not satisfy you in. That's why you are still dating. Well, that your feminine nature peaking out. Can't fight with it. Don't fool yourself or you endup like one of these cat ladies

Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
There's nothing wrong with science. Science isn't so much about the theories IMO as it is the method to come up with them. When the facts change, science is updated. You can't update the bible to your progressive views. You either follow it 100% or 0%, it can't be in between.
The scientific method is certainly a corner stone, but scientific theories are the foundation of our understanding of pretty much everything in the physical universe. For clarification, scientific theories do not really change in the sense they are turned on their heads, rather, as you clearly note, as new information becomes available the data is incorporated to enrich. Also, falsifiability is key here and that's one of the major differences between science and religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
What makes you think romantic relationships are any different than any other kind of human relationship? Remember, I am not talking about blind obedience but a leadership.

It is not that rare. Men and women have often different perspectives on things like raising kids and discipline for instance. Women have often problems making logical decisions as they are more likely to be driven by their emotions not logic. Especially when it comes to their kids. I have seen it myself.

Someone has to lead and it has to be a man. Otherwise the man in the marriage is not really a man.
I don't really buy into that, especially on this forum. If what you're saying were true then it would have to be an innate physiological quality of women and it would be evidenced in 2012. But, what we're actually seeing is a thriving female populace and a somewhat floundering male population. As noted by other members men are making very poor choices from education, to criminality, to health, etc. I'm not saying these things to pit the genders, rather to show there is no reason to buy what you're selling here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
men you can "lead" / control you mean..well someone has to wear the pants. We keep saying men and women are equal but are we really? its interesting how people try to make it as equal as possible though. doubt itll ever be 100% equal
We are not all equal, but that's not due to gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
LOL.
This has to be a troll.
Men are so logical and unemotional that most violence is perpetuated by them.
Men outnumber women in prison by THOUSANDS to ONE ratio.
Men rape more than women, hit more than women, get into fistfights in bars more than women, start wars more than women...
Riiiiiiiiiight.
It's that logical, calm, cool violence.
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you. I don't even know, even though my husband and I would both assert that he is "the leader of our household."
Based on your posts it sort of sounds like a hollow title. If it makes him feel good, then that's your courtesy to give him. We all make concessions for our spouses, and as long as you can manage any potential harm that could come of it, I say why not?

Old 09-27-2012, 06:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Sounds like you want to be the one in control but in every relationhip you discovere that control does not satisfy you in.
Well, that your feminine nature peaking out. Can't fight with it. Don't fool yourself
No, the relationships fizzled because they weren't the ones for me. I'm not talking controlling them nor am I interested in being controlled. Rather that we have mutual submission.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,088 times
Quote:
How did our grandmothers with four or five kids, no appliances, no fridges and buying meet that has not been portioned into nice, clean packages survivied?
I lived in a little village for a bit, they had electricity but the only supplies was a stove and a icebox. The woman woke up at 4am, to get the ingredients ready just to cook for the rest of the day. She'd for example go and climb the trees to pick the fruits and nuts, and go and roll out the dough by hand. It boggled the mind really.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right on.

When I was dating, I didn't WANT to "lead relationships." Why fight biology? The men I am attracted to are chock full of all the yummy things testosterone brings to the table. They are GOING to be assertive, to go after what they want, to pursue success, goals, a woman, etc.

I decided I wasn't going to pursue ANY man. If he doesn't have enough testosterone to pursue me, show he's interested, and frankly, go after what he wants, he's not the man for me.

Early in our relationship (and this was before everyone had a cell phone and could track everyone's numbers) my future husband told me, "Here, let me give you my number."

I looked at him levelly, and said, "I don't need your number." He was taken aback and said, "Well, why not - you don't want it?"

I smiled and said, "I don't call guys."

This brought him up short. Honestly, the man was so used to women having his number (and then calling him much more than he called them) that the idea of a woman NOT having it was alien to him. Finally he just said, "Well...why not?"

I said, "Why would I need to call you? I can email you with anything I need to say. I don't call guys. IF they are into me, they will call me. Of course, once a relationship is monogamous, that changes things. But on the front end? No, I don't call guys."

He thought for a minute and then said, "Well...OK. But is that really fair? If you don't ever call a guy you're interested in, how will he really know you're interested? I mean, the guy has to do all the advancing?"

I looked at him and grinned and said, "Believe me - if I'm interested, you will know it. I won't leave you guessing. But - I'm not chasing after anyone. If a man is interested, he'll contact me. If not - he's just not that into me, and that's OK too. The men I like go after what they want - and generally don't care to be pursued. Haven't you had a problem with women stalkers? Didn't you tell me that?"

Ten months later, we were married! There was no doubt in my mind that he was into me - and no doubt in his mind that I was into him!
Totally agree.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Quote:
there is no one defined definition of "cooking from scratch" the accepted base definition of cooking from scratch is just preparing food using basic ingredients. that doesn't include where and how you obtained them.
if we where to use your equation we would have also had to create the beast who's meat we used to be truly "from scratch"

Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't really buy into that, especially on this forum. If what you're saying were true than it would have to be an innate physiological quality of women and it would be evidenced in 2012. But, what we're actually seeing is a thriving female populace and a somewhat floundering male population.
All around nature males are leading. We are not different. Culture makes us believe we are so far from our animal ancestors yet we all know know that even physiologically this is not true. Yes our culture persecutes men for being men but in the end all suffer as women have to pick up the slack and be the breadwinners, protective and assertive ones. Something is wrong with our civilization when women do not want to be women and men refuse to be men. I know many women that long for those old days when women were allowed to be women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
As noted by other members men are making very poor choices from education, to criminality, to health, etc. I'm not saying these things to pit the genders, rather to show there is no reason to buy what you're selling here.
I am not convinced if women were in control and as physical as men they would make better choices. Our civilization was build by men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
We are not all equal, but that's not due to gender.
Of course it is by gender, our muscles build, hormonal differences and psychology make women different then men. We were created for different things. Our civilization tries to persuade us otherwise yet I don't think you can really fight with nature.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
there is no one defined definition of "cooking from scratch"
if we where to use your equation we would have also had to create the beast who's meat we used to be truly "from scratch"

the basic definition of cooking from scratch just preparing food using basic ingredients.
That's little too far, we are still not able to create any "beasts" but you have to understand that meat was coming to households in every differnt way even a hundred years ago than it does today.
Again, how did our grandmas with no appliances and not fridges managed to raise four or five kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.