Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Well, then, that raises the question of whether you'd marry someone you consider your subordinate. What do you WANT from a relationship? An equal partner or a backup singer?
I'd prefer the equal partner. I want to have that compromise in a relationship so that me and my SO leave the bargaining table with a deal that we are happy with. However, if I'm putting in most of the work into the relationship, I don't feel like an equal partner.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I disagree. I know plenty of women, including myself, who are excellent decision makers. I also know plenty of men who can't make up their mind.

You say it doesn't mean that a woman has to play a submissive role, but you also say that in the long run her decisions simply don't matter because the man is the head of the household and ultimately makes the final decision. How is a woman considered equal when her decisions don't matter? Her husband/man could just say 'that's cute darling' and make the decisions himself without really considering what she has to say.

There are plenty of women in leadership positions (business owners, CEOs, Politicians etc.) that are plenty good at making decisions.
Have ever met any of these women? Not very feminine at all.
Most of them seek men who will... submit.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare12 View Post
Can you imagine a woman president responding to pearl harbor or 9/11 attacks?
Yes. Women are just as capable of making important decisions as men.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
No, they seek men who are EQUALS. Men who don't have huge egos and feel the need to dominate those around them to feel like 'real men'.

What do you consider feminine? Sitting around all day not being able to take a **** without her man's approval?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post

This is all based on YOUR perception of what IS and is NOT feminine! WTH IS feminine? If you are female, you are feminine! Effeminate and feminine are two entirely different things IMO! Also, in my opinion, feminine IS decisive, strong, resillient, flexible. Of COURSE a woman expects a man to be intelligent enough to submit...when she's right! Who wants an arrogant a$$ who thinks he has to have the final say in everything, especially if he's wrong. Why should a man have a final say in something he knows nothing about?....has no experience in?....is supremely unqualified to even have an opinion on!?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
This is all based on YOUR perception of what IS and is NOT feminine! WTH IS feminine? If you are female, you are feminine! Effeminate and feminine are two entirely different things IMO! Also, in my opinion, feminine IS decisive, strong, resillient, flexible. Of COURSE a woman expects a man to be intelligent enough to submit...when she's right! Who wants an arrogant a$$ who thinks he has to have the final say in everything, especially if he's wrong. Why should a man have a final say in something he knows nothing about?....has no experience in?....is supremely unqualified to even have an opinion on!?
This^^^^

Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
But but, he's a MAN, he is all knowing!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
Why does anyone have to lead? Why can't the relationship be a partnership? I think a lot of people are more concerned about having the last word and the upper hand, than being with someone in any form or fashion.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would be fine with everything he said - except for the "submissive type woman". That phrase would make me question what he was looking for. I don't have too many issues with "traditional roles", but these days, how far back do you go to define "tradition"? I mean, my mom worked as long as I can remember. In fact she was the main breadwinner after we were in our teens. We always had a cleaning lady after that point too, so I see that as a bit traditional...and many other people don't. But dad was the "car guy", and mom was the "kitchen manager" . Totally depends on what he thinks "traditional" means. I'd have to ask him...I would be curious actually.
Agreed.

His mistake definitely was using the word "submissive", especially because I don't think that's exactly what he meant, but also because women view that word so negatively.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Why does anyone have to lead? Why can't the relationship be a partnership? I think a lot of people are more concerned about having the last word and the upper hand, than being with someone in any form or fashion.
Scoff, who wants that?*sarcasm* A real relationship? Haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.