Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 06:47 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times

Advertisements

Baiting her own fish hook while saying eww, it's gross - okay
Being handy with wrenches, jackstands and power tools - not okay

Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Baiting her own fish hook while saying eww, it's gross - okay
Being handy with wrenches, jackstands and power tools - not okay

Wait, a woman that can use tools is a turn off? How in the world?

Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Guess I am a a turn off. LOL. My dad taught me how to use tools and fix things. Good thing too, my ex-husband was clueless (still is) but while married it saved us a lot of money that I could fix things around the house... and it saves me a lot of money for not having to call a repair man for every little thing. My only hang up, I am kind of fearful of fixing electrical things. I'll change out an electrical outlet or light switch, but that's about it (and even then I turn off the main breaker, lol).

Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
It's because they're intimidated by a woman being more knowledgeable about 'man stuff' than they are. I ran across A LOT of this during my stint as a mechanic. I actually had grown men throw complete temper tantrums in public on several occasions when they realized I would be working on their car...pretty funny if you ask me

Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's because they're intimidated by a woman being more knowledgeable about 'man stuff' than they are. I ran across A LOT of this during my stint as a mechanic. I actually had grown men throw complete temper tantrums in public on several occasions when they realized I would be working on their car...pretty funny if you ask me

How incredibly bizarre.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
How incredibly bizarre.
A good friend of mine is an auto mechanic and she has awesome stories like that too

I also witnessed quite a few arguments between my old boss and customers because they demanded I be removed from their vehicle and they wanted one of the 'guys' to work on it instead. It was automatically assumed that the guy (even the janitor) knew more about cars than I do because I'm a woman. The worst was when women were the ones demanding it

Thus is life.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
A good friend of mine is an auto mechanic and she has awesome stories like that too

I also witnessed quite a few arguments between my old boss and customers because they demanded I be removed from their vehicle and they wanted one of the 'guys' to work on it instead. It was automatically assumed that the guy (even the janitor) knew more about cars than I do because I'm a woman. The worst was when women were the ones demanding it

Thus is life.
Then why do you think its because men are intimidated by it, given women had a problem also? There are many plausible reasons, albeit irrational ones. Some may question your competence. Some people expect a social order. And for some people it ruins their sense of aesthetics. I have been with several women who just like to be around me when doing manual labor like splitting wood. That's what they told me. When a girl does manual labor , great, glad its done but its not a turn on. There is no instinct for it like when a dog plays fetch.

Never saw a girl tech though, and I was a jobber. Used to see a few sales girls from transmission shops...

Old 01-14-2014, 03:34 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times
Quote:
You're a sheep just like everyone else. Again, you're not a special snowflake...but hey, keep thinking you're special and 'original'.
Yeah,just ask people who know me

Be jealous.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chit chatter View Post
Us men are conditioned to be attracted to very feminine women but in today's tough dog eat dog world, I am afraid that women who display mostly stereotypical female traits are becoming less common. I encounter lots of women who act and look like men to survive in a man's world.

I have to admit the most attractive women to me are ULTRA FEMININE.

They are: soft, sweet, have a voice that is higher pitched, gentle, nurturing, sensitive, emotional.

They also do everything they can to look like a woman: Makeup, clothes, long hair, nails, etc.

Do YOU like a woman like that for a relationship, or do you prefer "one of the guys" type women who has a mixture of male and female traits?

No thanks...most of the time those women are often over emotional, whinny, prissy, snobby, lazy, shallow, one dimensional, boring and too sensitive.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:51 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
I don't know why the ultra negative spin on ultra feminine women, but I like the guys who would only date ultra feminine women, which is probably only 1/2 a percent of all men... and also probably why I'll be single forever. welp.

Last edited by srjth; 01-15-2014 at 02:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships