Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Only in your world is that true. It is definitely not the way to keep a nice girl around...not a nice girl with values, which is what you said you wanted upthread.
Only in your world (and apparently in the CD world) is this true. You have to understand that the majority of women are not like you.

And, to be honest, yes I have met some that are. But there are WAY more that aren't.

Quote:
I honestly don't mean this disrespectfully, but...while I think you truly believe this statement to be true, you will never be able to have a real relationship without becoming emotionally invested.
You can't become emotionally invested too early. That's not to say you shouldn't be nice or invest time into the girl. But, as a guy, you can't care too much about the outcome (especially early on) or you get too clingy. And clinginess is an absolute dealbreaker for even the nicest of girls.

Tried and tested.

Quote:
That's the thing...it still leaves you standing alone. Just you, and your advice. I refuse to believe you wouldn't like to have a NICE girl standing next to you, based on what I've read of some of your postings.
I do want a nice girl, but they're rare. And they certainly aren't attracted to the things that people on this forum claim that they are.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,216 times
both you and nodoubt should go to church. while not everyone there is "nice" a greater percentage are.

Also:

"Bad boy" and "jerk" are two completely different things yet they're being discussed as the same

Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM

26 posts, read 47,208 times
Girls like confident guys. Bad boys may or may not be confident, but they appear to be so, because aggression and selfishness are sometimes confused for confidence.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM

102 posts, read 153,352 times
This is a myth.

Girls like 'men'. And unfortunately, niceness is often confused with weakness. They don't like 'bad' they like strength and independence which is a typical quality found in 'bad' guys and often missing in 'nice' guys.

So, I guess yes sadly they don't like nice guys. The trick is to be a good guy. That is, respectful of others, generous and kind, but assertive, confident and strong.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
Depends on what you mean by bad boy? I don't think most girls would want criminals pimps and drug dealers. Maybe a risk taking guy that exudes "danger" because he's confident and not overly cautious.. But just as women hope to tame the wild beast, men pine to warm the ice queen..

Old 09-27-2012, 06:53 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post

You can't become emotionally invested too early. That's not to say you shouldn't be nice or invest time into the girl.
Um no, that's EXACTLY what you said. Be a jerk. That's the whole point of this thread: jerky guys get girls.

And what we are telling you is, Jerky guys don't get quality girls.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Because jerks aren't wimps who placate every female desire and puts women on a pedestal. Stop putting a woman on a pedestal, then you will have success. Put your mom on a pedestal, not the average woman. White knight behavior is not attractive.
Very true.

Whats so funny is that some men are raised to put women on a pedestal. You have the media who romanticize the idea of looking up to a woman, or be shunned for poking fun at her (Unless your name is Sarah Palin). Friends and family to engrave the notion of chivalry = reward, which will probably backfire and leave those men angry and embittered when it doesn't work and they run to the guy that beats them up or takes advantage of them.

I was raised like this, as my dad wasn't a good father figure so after he died when I was a teen it was my mom, sister, and a bunch of other women who for some odd reason I looked up to. So yeah, totally pedestalized them while willingly ignoring ALOT of bad things they did so I didn't get shunned for questioning it. Taught about being a white knight "agree with what they say", "be nice to them and you'll get one!" Hell, I was gullible enough to believe what the news would say about dating and what not.

All they did was fill my head with entitlements. Learned my lesson the hard way late 20s and started acting indifferent and stopped caring. You don't have to treat them like princesses, that's something they need to earn but it's also rather demeaning for some who have a brain. It's best to avoid the princess type altogether anyway.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Very true.

Whats so funny is that some men are raised to put women on a pedestal. You have the media who romanticize the idea of looking up to a woman, or be shunned for poking fun at her (Unless your name is Sarah Palin). Friends and family to engrave the notion of chivalry = reward, which will probably backfire and leave those men angry and embittered when it doesn't work and they run to the guy that beats them up or takes advantage of them.

I was raised like this, as my dad wasn't a good father figure so after he died when I was a teen it was my mom, sister, and a bunch of other women who for some odd reason I looked up to. So yeah, totally pedestalized them while willingly ignoring ALOT of bad things they did so I didn't get shunned for questioning it. Taught about being a white knight "agree with what they say", "be nice to them and you'll get one!" Hell, I was gullible enough to believe what the news would say about dating and what not.

All they did was fill my head with entitlements. Learned my lesson the hard way late 20s and started acting indifferent and stopped caring. You don't have to treat them like princesses, that's something they need to earn but it's also rather demeaning for some who have a brain. It's best to avoid the princess type altogether anyway.
I don't think he's talking about princess types. Based on his previous posts he has disrespect and disdain for the opposite sex in general.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM

112 posts, read 144,598 times
women like bad boys because their biological instinct is to be dominated by a man

Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
women like bad boys because their biological instinct is to be dominated by a man
Some women. Not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships