Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Easier said than done. Most of my friends are men and they're not the best of listeners. I did have 2 gay roommates who were amazing listeners, but they got married and moved upstate a few years back Skype sessions just aren't the same.

My family is 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps' type of people, I went to my Mom saying I should probably see a doctor because I was feeling really depressed and she told me just to get over and quit being so melodramatic. I ended up seeing a doctor and doing therapy completely on my own which was really difficult.
You're right, it is easier said than done.

True friends are rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Good luck, the tables have turned.
Why would you say something like that? That's just insensitive and rude.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Some people care not for feelings.

But in a way he is right, the dating game for people that are older is a bit different.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM

210 posts, read 1,170,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post

He's looking for someone to take out his frustrations on for his lack of success with women.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Some people care not for feelings.
Yes. That's unfortunate.

Quote:
But in a way he is right, the dating game for people that are older is a bit different.
I agree with you. The problem is adding the "Good luck. The tables have turned." As if this is his vindication against me for something I did to him.

Last edited by Mentat; 10-02-2012 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
Yes. That's unfortunate.

I agree with you. The problem is adding the "Good luck. The tables have turned." As if this is his vindication against me for something I did to him.
You've never even met him probably.

...But there were many a women who have rejected many a man due to appearance in their younger age...

...But come back to younger men when they get older and find themselves frustrated...

Perhaps his anger lies in the women that have rejected him...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You've never even met him probably.
Of course I haven't.

Quote:
Perhaps his anger lies in the women that have rejected him..
I'm sure that's what it is.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 PM

415 posts, read 615,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
These things do still happen in the US, but it's rare. A guy will get a girl's number through a mutual friend, then call. The "stakeout" is still a valid method of running into a woman you're interested in: finding out where she works and waiting around, or returning regularly to the coffee shop where you first saw her, at the right time. Bus conversations also happen. The main problem I see is that the guys don't know how to "close the deal", or they're too reticent. Meaning, they may get up the nerve to chat, but they don't introduce themselves, they don't get the number. Everytime they run into you (if it's a smaller town), they try again, but they don't seem to have a command of the basics--saying "nice to meet you, I'm Joe Schmoe", and taking it from there.

What happens if you have no interest in the guy singing outside your window? Isn't it obnoxious, or mortifying? The neighbors would all know some guy is pining for you, and willing to make a fool out of himself in public for you.
I have personally witnessed this myself...with guys I liked, and have watched this happen with other women (friend and non-friend) as well. In the past 6 months, I have liked two guys, they both approached me, we talked awhile, I made it clear via eye contact and smiling that I liked them back, it was obvious that I was attracted to them and they to me...and nothing happened. No exchange of phone numbers, no nothing.

Over the years I have watched female coworkers, relatives, roommates, friends, acquaintances and even enemies walk right up to guys they like, flirt with the guy, the guy flirts back, its obvious that they find each other attractive...but nothing ever happens. My ex and my brother have both admitted to letting nothing happen, out of fear of rejection even though the woman has made it very obvious that she finds them attractive.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
I have personally witnessed this myself...with guys I liked, and have watched this happen with other women (friend and non-friend) as well. In the past 6 months, I have liked two guys, they both approached me, we talked awhile, I made it clear via eye contact and smiling that I liked them back, it was obvious that I was attracted to them and they to me...and nothing happened. No exchange of phone numbers, no nothing.

Over the years I have watched female coworkers, relatives, roommates, friends, acquaintances and even enemies walk right up to guys they like, flirt with the guy, the guy flirts back, its obvious that they find each other attractive...but nothing ever happens. My ex and my brother have both admitted to letting nothing happen, out of fear of rejection even though the woman has made it very obvious that she finds them attractive.
This happens to me all the time. Something is wrong with these guys for sure! It is almost like we need to resort to those "Do you like me, yes or no?" notes from middle school. :P

Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post

In what age group are the men to whom you are referring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships