Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hahahah.

Your point is well-taken. But, c'mon. Lots of guys on this message board whine all the time about how they can't get a woman interested in them. I bet if we tape recorded their forays, it would likely reveal some boring-assed conversationalists. I mean, I don't care how good looking you are. If all you've got is sports and what you did at the office that day, she's going to lose interest in a hurry. Maybe not after the first date. But soon enough.
But not every women out there is this super interesting awesome person as well. Have you ever heard a women talk about fashion, shoe shopping and guys all day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
And that's because in American culture these are the only avenues were men are able to talk freely about how they truly feel and not have any fear of being reprimanded for saying the wrong thing.

For example, ANY criticism against women (even if it's valid!) and you will be placed in the misogynistic category. Any shots against religion and people will believe you're some devil worshiper and that you're going to hell. Any comments about a specific race and you're thrown into raciest category.

Americans are just a bunch of people who either can't take a joke, or they take things too seriously, so Americans are only confined to talk about neutral subjects such as the weather, or sports which pretty much explains why America is such a BORING, brain dead country.

Oh how I long to move to Europe to get away from this .......
Or, you could say whatever you want and to hell with people getting offended.

I try not to be a dick (Wheaton's law and all) but sometimes it's justified.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
But not every women out there is this super interesting awesome person as well. Have you ever heard a women talk about fashion, shoe shopping and guys all day?
Yeah. And in my single days, I would have moved right on.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I have. And it's horrible. Me and my friends (men AND women) talk about planes and cars and baseball and beer and engineering and everything else under the planet. I guess I'm lucky to have well-rounded friends.

Quote:
That's not always true. I would say most of these women want to stay in their respective countries because they don't want to leave their friends and families just to live in America.

It IS true that these women are looking for a man to support them, but it's still a bargain from a male point of view because foreign women are not asking for 100k wedding rings and 500k+ homes like Western women are.

"Celebuzz spoke to the ring designer, Layna Friedman, who revealed, “A comparable ring costs $100,000.†She says that JWOWW’s fiance Roger Mathews was closely involved in picking the diamonds and designing the ring (which Wetpaint Entertainmentntertainment originally reported) and that the entire design process took “several months of undercover planning and traveling.†"

And if a woman doesn't want any of that, she's considered weird. I've had men tell me there's something wrong with me because I don't desire an engagement ring or a wedding. I don't wear jewelry and hate big parties and attention focused on me.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Or, you could say whatever you want and to hell with people getting offended.

I try not to be a dick (Wheaton's law and all) but sometimes it's justified.
It's not that easy, if you run a business, or have a high position at a job, anything taken out of context could kill your means to live overnight. You might even be subjected to death threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And if a woman doesn't want any of that, she's considered weird.
Because it's ULTRA RARE. I'm guessing that 1% or less of American woman have no desire to receive an engagement ring because it's going AGAINST the cultural norm.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hahahah.

Your point is well-taken. But, c'mon. Lots of guys on this message board whine all the time about how they can't get a woman interested in them. I bet if we tape recorded their forays, it would likely reveal some boring-assed conversationalists. I mean, I don't care how good looking you are. If all you've got is sports and what you did at the office that day, she's going to lose interest in a hurry. Maybe not after the first date. But soon enough.
I see it as a majority of people are "boring". I mean of course I kill a salt water crocodile with my bear hands which I ripped off a bear along the way from time to time but a majority of that my life is mostly mundane. Also for every person interested in traveling would rather want to hear a conversation about cars and so on.

I mean interesting is in perspective one guy might see this girl as bland I see her as awesome. Works the same way from a woman's perspective.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
It's not that easy, if you run a business, or have a high position at a job, anything taken out of context could kill your means to live overnight.

Because it's ULTRA RARE. I'm guessing that 1% or less of American woman have no desire to receive a engagement ring.
There's a time and place for everything.

As for the engagement ring, I know of 4 women right off the top of my head that didn't receive one or want one. It doesn't seem that rare to me. My Mom didn't get an engagement ring until their 10 year anniversary

Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Damn you beat me to it, that's what I was going to say. Women can run their mouths about a whole lot of nothing themselves.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I see it as a majority of people are "boring". I mean of course I kill a salt water crocodile with my bear hands which I ripped off a bear along the way from time to time but a majority of that my life is mostly mundane. Also for every person interested in traveling would rather want to hear a conversation about cars and so on.

I mean interesting is in perspective one guy might see this girl as bland I see her as awesome. Works the same way from a woman's perspective.
Agreed, boring and interesting can be subjective terms. I myself don't mind sports but would not spend too much time talking about the Giants or the 49ers unless the other party really wants to. I enjoy military history. Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, to state a few examples, these topics would pretty boring to some people as well, and I'm ok with that. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Agreed, boring and interesting can be subjective terms. I myself don't mind sports but would not spend too much time talking about the Giants or the 49ers unless the other party really wants to. I enjoy military history. Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, to state a few examples, these topics would pretty boring to some people as well, and I'm ok with that. Different strokes for different folks.
Eh, believe it or not, to me anything can sound interesting. Including discussing shopping or the unique smell of chemicals you find in health facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships