Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
I have examined myself and have determined that I am not doing anything wrong by saying hello to men who seem normal and who've been staring and smiling at me for 15, 20, 30+ minutes. Apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this. This problem is constantly discussed in this forum. It has been discussed on talk shows, in magazines, etc. It can't be that most women have something wrong with them that the men they meet cannot say hello to them or ask for their number after chatting them up for a long time.
I don't know what kind of magazines or talk shows you listen to, but I have never heard about your problem before.

You have stated that men can't create a conversation that leads to a telephone number. However guys will ask for a girls number if they want to meet her again- Also, if he is shy then you can ask for his number. It is either two causes.
1. They are not that into you
2. You reject them

Both of these issues is about you, and not men. Try to stop blaming everyone else and look at yourself.

Quote:
Congratulations
So I should not respond and say I have a girlfriend and I am not mad at women, when you claim I am frustrated because I don't have a girlfriend?

Also, you are being hypocritical. You are insulting me and other forum members, but get pissed off when other do the same to you. If you are going to get so insulted when someone says something you don't like, then you need to stop insulting people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This isn't true. Men play the same game. Men who are married or in a LTR, or who are older, will flirt just to see if they "still have what it takes", or just for ego strokes. Men who are needy of women's approval will flirt even if they're in a relationship. Men do this at least as much as women.
Ruth, I agree with the poster you quoted. More men have been a victim of the types if action you're referring to than woman have. Women tend to flirt for sport at a rate that is likely higher than men that flirt for sport. But it's a problem that crosses both gender lines.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I don't know what kind of magazines or talk shows you listen to, but I have never heard about your problem before. For instance you state that most men can't have a normal conversation that leads to exchange numbers.

However guys will ask for a girls number if they want to meet them again, or you can ask. It is either two causes.
1. They are not that into you
2. You reject them

Both of these issues is about you, and not men. Try to stop blaming everyone else and look at yourself.

So I should not respond and say I have a girlfriend and I am not mad at women, when you claim I am frustrated because I don't have a girlfriend?

Also, you are being hypocritical. You are insulting me and other forum members, but get pissed off when other do the same to you. If you are going to get so insulted when someone says something you don't like, then you need to stop insulting people.
I would add another likely reason. These men are likely unsure what is happening in the moment and therefore, they don't ask for her number. If they're unclear why would these guys ask for her number? No has brought this up, but if she likes a man she is talking to, & it appears he is enjoying the convo, she should give her num to the man without him asking.

It happened to me about two months back. Sometimes you can't wait for someone to do what you expect them to do.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This isn't true. Men play the same game. Men who are married or in a LTR, or who are older, will flirt just to see if they "still have what it takes", or just for ego strokes. Men who are needy of women's approval will flirt even if they're in a relationship. Men do this at least as much as women.

Well I would like to assume we are talking about single men, not men in relationships. But if we want to lump attached men in there as well, and I really hate to paint a broad brush, even those men if the women really did like them, would hook up with those women. Yes I am sure there are attached men who are out there trying to see if they still got it, but men in general are fliritng for a reason to see if they can get something.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
i'd say the older an inexperieced guy gets in regards to women, the harder it will get for him

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Some articles I found about "flirting" from a woman's and man's perspective.

My week of flirting with men

My week of flirting with women

Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
seems like flirting, knowing how to approach and talk to women is an instinct, common sense for most men

Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
No, they haven't.

Women, on the other hand, have lost the art of discerning between banter, flirtation and harassment.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
How about we stop expecting an entire to follow our dating and relationship rules and preferences both sides and stop with the name calling and hostility if someone doesn't follow those rules or goes against them.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
No, they haven't.

Women, on the other hand, have lost the art of discerning between banter, flirtation and harassment.
This is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships