Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I got this one

If a racist woman will put you down on the basis of your race then you blow her off like a hurricane. Racist people are not worth even considering. I find them rather pathetic.

Someone tells me that s/he doesn't like me on the basis of my ethnicity then I just roll my eyes and move on. It's just not worth my time.

If that is all you come across and you are surrounded by racist people who don't like you for your race, then I feel for you and hope that you can get away from that. No one should have to be subjected to such treatment.
There are conservative women who were raised only to go out with their own kind.
My friends are diversified but I do live around where the majority of people are Caucasians though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
I don't see the point in learning to love rejection. Rejection sucks, plain and simple. I think the better advice would be to learn to accept that rejection is likely to happen at points in your life and though it hurts initially, you will get over it. So you shouldn't fear putting yourself out there.
There isn't a guy on the planet who can get any women he wants.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Some of us are not able to read people very well. Even when there seem to be hints that a girl is interested in me, I'm still scared that I'm reading her wrong, and that me approaching her will cause her distress and disgust.

I'm afraid that I'm ugly and disgusting to women.

So it's better to just keep to myself and never know for sure that they all hate me.
not true.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There isn't a guy on the planet who can get any women he wants.
I agree

Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
the message might be OK, but the idea of loving and embracing rejection is about the dumbest advice I've read on here.
Lol, I'm with you Prince. Love it? No. Accept it and move on? Yes.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:27 AM

74 posts, read 122,763 times
Failure is an opportunity to do something else. Probably something that would be better off for you in the long run anyway hence everything happens for a reason. When it is a genuine opportunity you were rejected from, or in my eyes a lot of the time rejected yourself from, down the road sometime a week, or years you will realize why and it will make it worth being rejected. If you can't handle rejection there is always a bigger problem than just rejection itself and it will continue to rear it's ugly head. Case in point if you were truly confident rejection wouldn't matter because you would know that you could move on to the something else and not just hope that you do. So back to the simple answer: Lack of confidence.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbyrd View Post
Failure is an opportunity to do something else. Probably something that would be better off for you in the long run anyway hence everything happens for a reason. When it is a genuine opportunity you were rejected from, or in my eyes a lot of the time rejected yourself from, down the road sometime a week, or years you will realize why and it will make it worth being rejected. If you can't handle rejection there is always a bigger problem than just rejection itself and it will continue to rear it's ugly head. Case in point if you were truly confident rejection wouldn't matter because you would know that you could move on to the something else and not just hope that you do. So back to the simple answer: Lack of confidence.
I'm exactly with you. Insecurity is what makes rejection unbearable. The fact that you can handle rejection is a sign of... being functional. (Would've said maturity, but even immature people can handle rejection)

Also, there are some rejections where when I learned what I was rejected from, I came to love the fact that I was rejected from that. (but that was in hindsight).

I'd say, take your rejection and (shove it!!! LOL!!!) move on, pay it no mind.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 PM

37 posts, read 53,482 times
seems like my message was well received

Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Don't count on anything happening towards your favor. Whatever you want to happen, go out and make it happen...
i learn a long time ago that life is unfair, but it still angers me, pisses me off that guys, men have to make things happen, but women just have to allow it to happen

Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Actually, there are quite a few things that both men and women have to make happen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships