Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM

37 posts, read 53,457 times

Advertisements

quit worrying about her saying no, just do what you think will help you get with her, if she says no, learn from it and move forward, and be different the next time you approach a girl. Keep going until you find what works for you.

Even the best men out there get rejected and right now there are many men in your situation, live life guys, you are in a first world country (since most of you in here are American).

But no, you will just argue with me and make excuses for your current situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Not sure I am familiar with the thread(s) this stems from.

Rejection is a part of life. People who get rejected need to learn to move on. I am not sure anyone should learn to "love" being rejected. They just need to learn that a rejection is not the end of their chances at a relationship.

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Don't you think the process of finding our match is similar for both genders and sexual orientations?

Until you meet someone you just click with, it's really a process of weeding out all the potential candidates that don't quite fit into the square peg, round hole.

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Or you'll become afraid of yes.

There is a way to increase your chances in getting yes. It pretty much involves reading people and knowing who you can talk to.

Like the OP says, at least look forward to rejection and go out to have yourself a good time. You need a thick skin for this kind of life.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Rejection can be reduced too, by being smart.

Know yourself. (Goes for both genders). This means know what you like, what you can accept, what will drive you crazy, etc. When you know yourself, you will more easily recognize the qualities in others you will like, and those which will be deal breakers... and you will do so much more quickly.

Until you truly understand yourself, your just going by trial and error.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBrahLin View Post
quit worrying about her saying no, just do what you think will help you get with her, if she says no, learn from it and move forward, and be different the next time you approach a girl. Keep going until you find what works for you.

Even the best men out there get rejected and right now there are many men in your situation, live life guys, you are in a first world country (since most of you in here are American).

But no, you will just argue with me and make excuses for your current situation.

Well stated, unfortunately the wisdom of your words will pass by many who cannot completely understand and grasp the concept. I wish you the best you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:23 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Rejection can be reduced too, by being smart.

Know yourself. (Goes for both genders). This means know what you like, what you can accept, what will drive you crazy, etc. When you know yourself, you will more easily recognize the qualities in others you will like, and those which will be deal breakers... and you will do so much more quickly.

Until you truly understand yourself, your just going by trial and error.
YES!!!!!!!!!

That is what I truly wanted to say, but my mind was so off.

I agree with you 100%!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!

That is what I truly wanted to say, but my mind was so off.

I agree with you 100%!
Your earlier post made me think to post that!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:55 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBrahLin View Post

Why is her saying no so scary ? Because of my pride. I don't want someone beautiful to think badly of me or be disgusted by me. If I simply never talk to her, then I'll never know that she hated me. And she'll never be disgusted that such an "ugly person" would dare to try to "hit on her".

Old 09-28-2012, 02:58 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Or you'll become afraid of yes.

There is a way to increase your chances in getting yes. It pretty much involves reading people and knowing who you can talk to.

Like the OP says, at least look forward to rejection and go out to have yourself a good time. You need a thick skin for this kind of life.
Some of us are not able to read people very well. Even when there seem to be hints that a girl is interested in me, I'm still scared that I'm reading her wrong, and that me approaching her will cause her distress and disgust.

I'm afraid that I'm ugly and disgusting to women.

So it's better to just keep to myself and never know for sure that they all hate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships