Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
There are varying degrees. I have had men come up and just flat out compliment me on my girlfriend at the time. One time her car started to overheat so we pulled over to a gas station to fill it up with coolant. While I was doing that under the hood, there must have been 3 honks and cheers from different cars. She was in a short black dress.

Anyway, any attention my girlfriend gets, I have no problem with. The minute they start buying her drinks or flirting, it turns ugly.
That's basically how I feel. You should only worry when guys don't check out your lady......but I never went for them being a bit more forward in terms of flirting or gawking.......that's another story altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
it upsets my wife (being treated like a object) it doesn't bother me unless its taken to an extreme and becomes more disrespecting her as a person and less about "just" the look.
she comes home to me, i have no reason to be angry, im the "winner" in the situation.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
How come this thread has me thinking about Nickelback, "Next Contestant"

I guess it just doesn't bother me if some guy checks out my wife. I know where her heart is.

I suppose if it is a disrespectful gawking, I might be displeased.
LOL

I love that song!!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM

331 posts, read 603,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
It never bothered my ex-husband if other men looked at me. Although he'd get angry is if they tried to talk to me if he was around. Then he'd step up and let them know I was his wife.

I guess the looking never bothered me because I am so used to it. Since the age of 14, men have always stared at me, especially my butt. Over the years I've learned not to pay any attention to men who are doing that--moreso when I was married or when I am in a relationship. I try to completely tune out the guys who ogle and make rude comments.

I like being noticed by nice, polite men, but not the ones who look at me like I'm a piece of meat.

^^^^ I agree with this 100%!

Attractive people know they are attractive and know they will be admired/stared at or talked to. If in a relationship then the mate needs to also know this. As long as it isn't disrespectful or rude then let them look. There should be a trust in any marriage or relationship in which you know where the other person stands, and how far they will "talk" or let things go.
I think it's so funny when people (men or women) get all upset and ready to whoop on somebody for looking at their mate. If they find your mate attractive, why wouldn't somebody else?!?!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's basically how I feel. You should only worry when guys don't check out your lady......but I never went for them being a bit more forward in terms of flirting or gawking.......that's another story altogether.
Why? If your attracted to her, and love her... what difference does it make whether some random dude checks her out of not.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Men:
Does it bother you when other men stare at your woman in front of you? And not just a glance... I mean stare. Like an up and down and turn their heads! Maybe even a Chris Tucker from Friday... "DAAAAYUM"

Do you say something to them? Or just ignore it... Or the complete opposite, do you like it... Do you get a kick out of other men wanting your lady? Does it boost your ego to have a woman who is a trophy piece or do you prefer one who flies under the radar?

If it were just a girl you were dating would that make it ok?

Women:
Does it bother you if your Man does not say anything when other men look you up and down as described above in front of them? Or do you prefer your man to ignore it? Do you like being noticed by other men or you prefer to fly under the radar and not bring attention to yourself?
I probably wouldn't care. Men are going to do that. If you don't want other men looking at your woman, than get someone who is plain.

I can't speak for the woman though. A lot of women I know, would rather you hold your peace if it is just a look...

Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I would look at him in the eyes to let him know that I know what he is doing and then just go from there. One time I caught three guys looking at my then 16 year old daughter, ooh.. it was on, I confronted all three and told them what the he_ _ they were looking at!! Of course they denied looking at her.
Whoa!!! 16 year old daughter?! How old were these guys?!

That's off limits!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:32 PM

56 posts, read 121,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Whoa!!! 16 year old daughter?! How old were these guys?!

That's off limits!!!
Kids these days look a lot older than they are. When I was 14 we asked a waiter if he would card me or the 34 year old I was with first. He said he'd card the 34 year old first. :O and I had braces.

It's still inappropriate to hit on someone that young, for sure! But I can definitely see how it would happen. Girls mature faster! :P haha

Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Men:
Does it bother you when other men stare at your woman in front of you? And not just a glance... I mean stare. Like an up and down and turn their heads! Maybe even a Chris Tucker from Friday... "DAAAAYUM"

Do you say something to them? Or just ignore it... Or the complete opposite, do you like it... Do you get a kick out of other men wanting your lady? Does it boost your ego to have a woman who is a trophy piece or do you prefer one who flies under the radar?
Do you say something to them? No..
Or just ignore it Yes..
Or the complete opposite, do you like it No, I don't like it nor do I dislike it. When the evening ends who is it she'll be going home with? Me..
Do you get a kick out of other men wanting your lady? Nope..
Does it boost your ego to have a woman who is a trophy piece Nope, because I think of my wife as a person not something to boost my ego. I'm a man, not a 9yr old with a new bike.
or do you prefer one who flies under the radar? Dear God........ *sigh*

Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Nah. Whenever I saw a guy do this to any of my exes I'd just get her attention and give her a kiss. Then when they walked away or we were out of sight I'd let her know she was gettin' a stare down if she didn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships