Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 04:09 PM

20,735 posts, read 19,936,678 times

Advertisements

I would reccommend meetup for you. There are tons of groups in LA and it seems less desperate as a dating site where you can find alot of creeps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,188 times
So you post something irrelevant like speaking 5 languages yet forget to post about the important details like how you look?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,666,878 times
Yes, what do you look like? No man you'd want to date cares.that you are an entrepreneur who speaks multiple languages. What do you look like, and what do you have to offer a stable 50 year olf man who would be.open to a relationship?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:42 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salut View Post
So, I will put everything out there and I hope not to be judged too fast or too hard:
I am female, single, 53, entrepreneur, foreign, speak 5 languages, including French,
traveled and lived in few countries. I now live in Los Angeles and for all the time (7 years) I have been here I have not been in any romantic relationship.
I don't understand how L.A. works really.
I am approached by younger guys, some in their mid-20's. but I am not interested, they are just too young for me. What happened to the guys in their 40's/50's who are comfortable and confident with who/what they are..?
What I'd like to know is: where are the men in this town? Seriously.
Am I in the wrong town?
What do you think?
First of all you're in Tinseltown; looks are everything there.
So as cool as you sound, you are in possibly the most superficial, shallow town on the planet.
I know many men that would be interested in you, almost regardless of looks.
But I'm betting you're not bad looking, so....
what's keeping you in a town that has your love life at a standstill??

Old 09-28-2012, 04:43 PM

6 posts, read 4,985 times
OngletNYC and capitol: I honestly don't like to brag, but let's put this way, if you were to ask my friends how look they would say " Very good" and I am in a good physical shape. I hope this answer your questions

Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM

6 posts, read 4,985 times
Believe007: I am asking myself this same question lately.
Nothing holds me here.
I originally came here to be in the fashion industry but it's no longer a must.
But I would go where? I don't want to turn into a gypsy, which I have been most of my life.
I want to settle some place I can call home..

Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,170,320 times
Quote:
Believe007: I am asking myself this same question lately.
Nothing holds me here.
I originally came here to be in the fashion industry but it's no longer a must.
But I would go where? I don't want to turn into a gypsy, which I have been most of my life.
I want to settle some place I can call home..
As someone who is also looking for a 'place to call home' I can relate. As for your love life though there are plenty of men in other places that would be competing for your attention & time.
L.A. is the last place on Earth I'd wanna be if I was wanting a love life. It wouldn't hurt to come up w/ your top 5 places you can see yourself relocating too....then checking those places out.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM

445 posts, read 864,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
As someone who is also looking for a 'place to call home' I can relate. As for your love life though there are plenty of men in other places that would be competing for your attention & time.
L.A. is the last place on Earth I'd wanna be if I was wanting a love life. It wouldn't hurt to come up w/ your top 5 places you can see yourself relocating too....then checking those places out.
I agree. You have money , sophistication, and freedom!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,188 times
Quote:
OngletNYC and capitol: I honestly don't like to brag, but let's put this way, if you were to ask my friends how look they would say " Very good" and I am in a good physical shape. I hope this answer your questions
No offense, but that doesn't mean much. The worst indicator of your attractiveness is from your female friends because they will always say you look beautiful even if you look like an ogre. Try using hotornot.com or OKCupid best face feature to see where you rate. Trust me, you don't want to rely on your female friends opinions on this.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,808,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma410 View Post
Please see my earlier post in this thread about online dating. I think men got a bad reputation for dating younger women but honestly, how many of these relationships have you seen last forever?? Its not all about looks for men. If that was true then no super model or actress would ever get dumped or divorced, but they do, more frequently than an average looking person. Men do admire strong, independent women who are in their own age group & have been through similar challenges, breakups, raising kids & its this understanding between couples that makes them fall in love & stay together, not just looks. They are not all Hugh Hefners.
True dat.

I got divorced in my early forties and began online dating shortly thereafter. Within about 9 months, I met my future husband, who was 47 at the time. He was so serious about dating women his own age, that he was actually a little put off that I was five WHOLE YEARS younger than him!

Great guy. Great dad. Good looking, funny as hell and has a good job and everything!

We got married ten months later! Seven years and going strong. He's the love of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships