Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM

102 posts, read 152,874 times

Advertisements

met a girl at work, got along great...yada, yada. The short version is I was out plalyed by a professional playa and lost her. She is a single mother in her late 30s but still likes to party.

Although my sex drive and performance are great, my interest in attraction for girls are personality first. If they are a knockout, great, if not, I have found once you get to know a person looks just aren't that important and a LTR can't be built on sex alone.

Well, it takes time to get to know someone and she apparently wanted sex first. I was too 'nice' and slow and playa simply moved in for the kill. He cared nothing about her personaly. After a while she realized she wanted more and came back to me. Well, both the playa and she weren't to nice to me during their fling, so I declined her affection which really pissed her off. Now she is getting married to someone outside the company and I feel like ****.

I love people. I love to hear childhood stories. I love to have women tell me accounts of their day,what they love, hate, exchange ideas and advice. I find sharing everyday experiences together far more intimate and satifsfying in a life sustaining way then sex. No, I am not gay and yes I think I am typically masculine. I just like things that really matter. I think her fallout with the playa and return to me supports this theory.

My problem is women seem to hate this. They want to be chased and play games. They love the attention. So, using the above approach usually falls flat. I think this girl lost a terriffic friend because she wanted to play games first and sadly even hates me because I rejected her. Plus, once we do get to sex, I can be very passionate. I love to please my partner whatever it takes because I feel closer when she is happy and content. Does that make me a sissy?

So, girls, tell me, do you really like the so called 'sensitive' stuff or is it a waste of time?

Last edited by bob the brave; 09-28-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,251,747 times
Gender doesn't matter as to who is responding here. It IS the kiss of death. Especially for women who have had sex before.

The reason I'm chiming in is because of an article I once read. I don't know if it was at the store, in a dentist's office, or wherever. It was about single girls trying to find men to date. There was one paragraph about a couple of girls at a baseball game, at (then) Busch Stadium in St. Louis. They were scanning guys in the crowd. One of them lands on a guy while scanning "Oh, there's a single guy." The other girl says "Oh, I don't know, he looks sensitive." I couldn't believe I read that.

Oh, boy, the usual: "Gee, I don't know, I just don't know" *while she has her hand on her hip, rolling eyes*

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 09-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,313,191 times
Be who you are. You will find someone compatible.

You lucked out not getting with that woman. She sounds like nothing but trouble.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,143,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Be who you are. You will find someone compatible.

You lucked out not getting with that woman. She sounds like nothing but trouble.
Yes, it sounds like you dodged a bullet actually. Consider it a blessing and not a curse.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:51 PM

210 posts, read 1,165,970 times
Many women love sensitive guys. I certainly do.

Maybe you're going after the wrong types of women.

The woman you referenced sounds like jerk. You should be happy she's no longer in your life.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,926,917 times
Stay your course, Bob. You can't be something you are not, so don't try to be. Other posters have said, and I'll agree with them that you seem to have dodged a bullet. It will cost you opportunities with some women, but those women may not be the type that interest you anyway, so you've not really lost anything. There are women out there who want to move slowly. Keep looking because when you find one you'll be glad that you did not settle.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,563,026 times
Party girls generally expect sex quickly.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
I like sensitive guys. But if you jump on a chair because you saw a bug or a mouse I would question your manliness.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 PM

788 posts, read 1,267,620 times
"I love people. I love to hear childhood stories. I love to have women tell me accounts of their day,what they love, hate, exchange ideas and advice. I find sharing everyday experiences together far more intimate and satifsfying in a life sustaining way then sex. No, I am not gay and yes I think I am typically masculine. I just like things that really matter. I think her fallout with the playa and return to me supports this theory."

OMG. Can I date you?! Sensitive AND masculine?! BRING. IT. ON.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,536,044 times
She's a party girl..what do you expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships