Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times

Advertisements

Haha Lilac, please! you opened this thread because the title references one night stands, so you swooped in to judge people. You most likely feel powerless.in life, but.found something to boost your ego: judgement of others.

you arent fooling anyone, sorry. Become happy in life, then you wont berate people.on the internet who live luves different than yours.

As for my sex life, why dont you link to it? Might.help me with my evening "relax and go to sleep" ritual. I dont recall posting that I sleep around, but maybe I have forgotten about a hot bang I had a couple.of years ago. Refresh my memory?

Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Haha Lilac, please! you opened this thread because the title references one night stands, so you swooped in to judge people. You most likely feel powerless.in life, but.found something to boost your ego: judgement of others.

you arent fooling anyone, sorry. Become happy in life, then you wont berate people.on the internet who live luves different than yours.

As for my sex life, why dont you link to it? Might.help me with my evening "relax and go to sleep" ritual. I dont recall posting that I sleep around, but maybe I have forgotten about a hot bang I had a couple.of years ago. Refresh my memory?

Just because your memory is so addled that you can't remember one thread from the next, and one poster from the next, that doesn't mean mine isn't. I opened the thread because the OP has a back-story. He married young and hasn't had much experience dating, so I was anticipating anything from a story about a ONS he had, maybe asking advice about what to do if he had one, or maybe just a simple question like "how many?"

Instead, it was about diseases. I read along until I came across Bicoastal's particularly ignorant response.

Everything else is in your head. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Lilac110; 09-30-2012 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Not worth my precious time.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
How do you go through with having sex with a complete stranger?

Aren't you bothered wondering if they're vectors of disease, or who they were doing things with the night before?

Is there no "ick" factor for you?
There is an ick factor but you aren't thinking about it at the time. I did this, and didn't think about the consequences until a couple days later. It was eye-opening.

Its like committing a crime. you know you can get in trouble but when you're actually doing it, you aren't thinking about getting caught until after you did it.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 PM

Getting back to topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Definitely not a prude, but here's the thing..

I've shared before that my soon to be ex is going sex crazy and doing tons of ONSs with guys from online..

Shes telling them how it feels better without condoms (like how we use to do it, she's on birth control), and her line is how she hasn't had sex for awhile and misses it..

The reality is - she was having guys over almost every night for awhile, feeding them the same line (feels better without a condom, and could they do it without?) - and the stupid guys fall for it!

She's attractive, doesn't LOOK crazy or deceitful, nothing about her physically would clue someone in to her behavior...

So I'm kind of getting an inside look into the ONS game - and I feel a bit like puking.

So no thanks, I'd rather spend the ten minutes masterbating and continue my life disease free until I find somebody worth being with..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The bottom line is that you just don't know what the other person's situation is. They could be just a normal person out on a wild night--hey, most of us have had at least one--someone who just came out of a break-up who is out to get over one person by getting under another, someone who is going to slip you a mickey and rob you (or worse), someone who is really married and whose spouse may one day show up at your door, someone like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, or someone with issues like your ex-wife's.

No one is telling you to go out and have one, and if you are not comfortable with it, then don't do it.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I can pretty much guarantee you that unless you've only been with virgins--and it doesn't sound like you have--you have had at least one strain of HPV.

STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)

Likewise, unless you are getting tested after every encounter, you can't prove that you are disease-free. Diseases like trich and chlamydia often do not have symptoms, especially in men.

STD Facts - Trichomoniasis

STD Facts - Chlamydia

You probably HAVE had at least 3-4 STDs in your lifetime. I don't say that out of prudery--I've had my fun in my day, too--but to point out that you don't sound like you know all that much about STDs, and that's dangerous, both for you and for the people you sleep with.
STD tests come in super handy too, it's how a friend of mine found out her husband of 14 years had been cheating on her.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
STD tests come in super handy too, it's how a friend of mine found out her husband of 14 years had been cheating on her.
That's awful. But yep. I think someone else upthread said there are married people who don't know who their spouses were with the night before.

I had a housemate in college who found out his girlfriend cheated on him when he got herpes. Contrary to popular belief, not having sores does not mean the virus isn't active. Also, you can't tell by looking whether someone has it, especially women, who could have sores up inside.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Syphilis. I had a patient about five years ago or so who was up there in age and had been otherwise healthy. He came in to the office on emergency one day and I got him an emergency appointment with an Ophthalmologist.

He was losing his eyesight. He contracted Syphilis a very long time ago. He started having other symptoms as well which had our dr looking towards a dx.

Having laid dormant for decades, it reared its ugly head, and not in a good way. He was married to the same woman for many years, but before her was with one, maybe more, women while in the armed forces.

He had no symptoms for the longest time. Now he was in his late 60's and it just was not a good thing.

People are going to do what people are going to do, but don't think because there are no symptoms that you are just fine.....

You all can treat sex like it is nothing but a thing, but I am in a committed relationship and in my opinion, that is where it belongs.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Syphilis. I had a patient about five years ago or so who was up there in age and had been otherwise healthy. He came in to the office on emergency one day and I got him an emergency appointment with an Ophthalmologist.

He was losing his eyesight. He contracted Syphilis a very long time ago. He started having other symptoms as well which had our dr looking towards a dx.

Having laid dormant for decades, it reared its ugly head, and not in a good way. He was married to the same woman for many years, but before her was with one, maybe more, women while in the armed forces.

He had no symptoms for the longest time. Now he was in his late 60's and it just was not a good thing.

People are going to do what people are going to do, but don't think because there are no symptoms that you are just fine.....

You all can treat sex like it is nothing but a thing, but I am in a committed relationship and in my opinion, that is where it belongs.
One piece of anecdotal evidence makes a rule. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
More shaming language

Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Just because your memory is so addled that you can't remember one thread from the next, and one poster from the next, that doesn't mean mine isn't. I opened the thread because the OP has a back-story. He married young and hasn't had much experience dating, so I was anticipating anything from a story about a ONS he had, maybe asking advice about what to do if he had one, or maybe just a simple question like "how many?"

Instead, it was about diseases. I read along until I came across Bicoastal's particularly ignorant response.

Everything else is in your head. Good luck with that.
This is the most dishonest post I have ever read here. I will stop wasting my time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships