Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM

249 posts, read 306,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Thats why you only ask them out only if they are at least somewhat keen on you. Same applies for guys asking out girls. But even more applicable for girls asking out guys.
Usually you can tell and if you can't wait until you can.
Odds are she is going after hot guys. Hot meaning they have lot's of women's attention. If she went for the quieter more shy guy. Odds are she would succeed. But you got to follow your standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
I must express my respect for all women with any type of assertion; as stated before several pages back- I feel assertion is under valued.

Lastly, I applaud women in general; I Thank each of you for your admiration,love,and respect.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If I give you my number, you never call I get the hint.
If he gives you his and you never call, he will get the hint too.

Quote:
It's like what's the point, I don't bother responding to people I have no intention of connecting with.

It's puzzling. Oh well, it is on them.
It’s on you too. Sure, women are used to just waiting for a man to do it all but give it a try and show you are interested as well by, dare I say, take the initiative, and you might be surprised by the results. Some men might say no, others might say yes. We guys go through that all the time.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
If someone randomly gives you there number, it's only good manners to take it.

Whether you call it or not is still your decision.

If the person you give your number to doesn't call it within say, 3 days, there's your answer. Forget it and move on.

It's not that hard.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:10 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Obviously it depends on how it's done. By asking out I don't mean hit on, or act weird...

A simple, 'hey do you wanna go out for a coffee on Tuesday?'

How is that being 'desperate' for a woman?

What would be a desperate thing for a man to do, say something like, 'hey honey, I think you're hot, I really wanna go out with you.' That'd be desperate for either man or woman.

I don't see how a woman doing the EXACT SAME THING AS A MAN - asking someone out in a casual, non-commital way - is any worse.

OP just needs to get over her 'instincts', or what her mother told her or any of that crap if she wants. Or else she'll never know. It reminds me of some old 1930s movie where all the women are waiting waiting for the handsome guy to ask them out, while rejecting suitors. THAT's part of it, they don't want the humiliation of rejection.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Odds are she is going after hot guys. Hot meaning they have lot's of women's attention. If she went for the quieter more shy guy. Odds are she would succeed. But you got to follow your standards.
Doubtful. I lean heavily towards quieter, nerdy guys and still get shot down.

Even nerdy, shy, not so attractive guys still want the hot chicks and are willing to 'hold out' for them, even if it will never happen.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM

249 posts, read 306,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Even nerdy, shy, not so attractive guys still want the hot chicks and are willing to 'hold out' for them, even if it will never happen.
Well if I was single, I would have loved for you to approach me. I am the exactly the type of man you lean towards.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:

The only girls who have been interested in me that I KNEW OF were fat and physically unattractive. You're right, it wouldn't be fair on them to just go with it. But if an average looker with a great personality asked me out I'd at least try her out, give her a test drive, lol just kidding.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:

Well it's a pity I don't live in your town lol. I probably LOOK nerdier than I am, though. I'm not that good at maths, not into RPG's or anything like that.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well it's a pity I don't live in your town lol. I probably LOOK nerdier than I am, though. I'm not that good at maths, not into RPG's or anything like that.
Nah, it wouldn't work, I'm not your physical type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships