Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 11:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Y'all cannot really be that naive.

Of course any guy that does any of that is creepy, no one is debating that.

Yet, no one wants to explain how in a normal situation a guy is labeled creepy.

Convenient.
What normal situation? I've never called a guy in a normal situation creepy unless he did something to warrant it. Yes, some women are going to call every man that looks at her creepy. That's not my damn problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 11:44 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Of course. Obviously of the guy is hot enough I'd let him touch my earrings and get naked right there. Who needs to exchange names or spend more than 3 minutes together first.
Im detecting sarcasm.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Im detecting sarcasm.
Nope. All it takes is a fat wallet and a cute face, and all creepy guys get a pass!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Nope. All it takes is a fat wallet and a cute face, and all creepy guys get a pass!
Still detecting sarcasm...

Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
For some women I don't deny that's true.

Just like hot women get a pass with men to be absolute crazy people.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I thought I've figured it out as a mere language problem pages ago.
Guess I missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sorry but these are the only times I use creepy. Other people are merely annoying. . I.e. the guy who doesn't take the hint after 5 minutes if conversation and me looking away/looking at my watch/etc.

It sounds to me like you are assuming we are misusing the term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What normal situation? I've never called a guy in a normal situation creepy unless he did something to warrant it. Yes, some women are going to call every man that looks at her creepy. That's not my damn problem.
What's the title of the thread say? Not if guys can/are creepy, but how the term is overused.

A few guys including myself have given examples of being called creepy.

For making incidental eye contact multiple times (me).
For offering to help two girls struggling carrying something while moving in somewhere.
For approaching a woman in a normal, appropriate manner.

I'm asking women why those guys get labeled creepy by your kind.

For example: 'I was at happy hour with some of my girlfrans and this guy came up to my friend, Susie. He was okay looking, a little thin for my taste. Susie told him she's taken (she's single) and after a minute he said, okay and told us to enjoy our evening and left. Freakin' creeper."

Another one: "so I was working out, doing this new exercise and this guy approached me and told me I was doing the exercise wrong and tried to illustrate how to do it correctly. I told him thats okay but thanks anyways. Weirdo."

I could come up with a bunch more examples, but I don't feel like it.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Guess I missed that.

What's the title of the thread say? Not if guys can/are creepy, but how the term is overused.

For offering to help two girls struggling carrying something while moving in somewhere.

For example: 'I was at happy hour with some of my girlfrans and this guy came up to my friend, Susie. He was okay looking, a little thin for my taste. Susie told him she's taken (she's single) and after a minute he said, okay and told us to enjoy our evening and left. Freakin' creeper."

Another one: "so I was working out, doing this new exercise and this guy approached me and told me I was doing the exercise wrong and tried to illustrate how to do it correctly. I told him thats okay but thanks anyways. Weirdo."

Because they didn't like the guys, big deal.

I've had guys call me names for no apparent reason or because I gave them 'a look' and now all of a sudden I'm a ****/*****/****. Sometimes there's no real reason for the things people do.

Again, what some girl does in a different city is of no issue to me. She can call whatever man whatever she wants, I have no idea what's going on in her head.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
You can deflect it all you want, but I've seen it with my own eyes. Of course it can go both ways.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Guess I missed that.

We were giving examples of what we found to be creepy.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
You can deflect it all you want, but I've seen it with my own eyes. Of course it can go both ways.
I'm not denying that it doesn't happen, but why do you assume that all women do it. Some of us don't. We just told you what we find creepy. I don't know why women in the examples you gave above call the men creepy. Maybe because those women are a-holes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships