Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,818,616 times

Advertisements

not to replace it. See if you can preserve any of the original blanket. even maybe for the future a baby blanket. check with quilters, they can do wonders. Buy her one from you, not to replace, to use, so that the other, however small, can be stored and not used. Tell her youre doing this so she will still have a blanket/quilt, not to cover the responsibiltiy of the spill. If the quilt is nt totally ruined, I would try for minimizing the damage, as said before, try to have it fixed as a baby blanket. Show her you understand the value of that quilt to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM

6 posts, read 3,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
not to replace it. See if you can preserve any of the original blanket. even maybe for the future a baby blanket. check with quilters, they can do wonders. Buy her one from you, not to replace, to use, so that the other, however small, can be stored and not used. Tell her youre doing this so she will still have a blanket/quilt, not to cover the responsibiltiy of the spill. If the quilt is nt totally ruined, I would try for minimizing the damage, as said before, try to have it fixed as a baby blanket. Show her you understand the value of that quilt to her.
All she says to me is its over with. there is nothing we can do and i dont want to talk about it.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Then go with that.

Don't bring it up again unless she does.

And yes, you should call and see if she wants you to come over tomorrow.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times
Just give her some space and time. Hopefully you've already sincerely apologized (I have to say it because many people don't say those simple two words).

Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,832,893 times
You are a human & you made a mistake like all of us. She would get over it. Send her some flowers with a box of chocolates to help her through it.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,800,678 times
Do what every great man throughout history has done in this situation: leave her alone until she gets over it.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM

247 posts, read 686,637 times
Hate to break it to you, but she's not that into you. If I was really into someone, and they accidentally ruined something of mine that had sentimental value, I would be upset...BUT not to this extent. It seems that you feel really bad about it and even offered to help fix it, which didn't work, but at least you tried. You clearly value her feelings. Do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who values an old blanket over you and your feelings? On to the next one...

Old 10-01-2012, 01:56 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,549,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supportyourschools View Post
Hate to break it to you, but she's not that into you. If I was really into someone, and they accidentally ruined something of mine that had sentimental value, I would be upset...BUT not to this extent. It seems that you feel really bad about it and even offered to help fix it, which didn't work, but at least you tried. You clearly value her feelings. Do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who values an old blanket over you and your feelings? On to the next one...
Really? Because to me it seems like he's making a bigger deal out of it than she is. She's sad, she doesn't want his money or a replacement, and she doesn't want to talk about it any more. He needs to back off.

That is, unless there might be enough to salavage into a baby blanket or something. That might actualy be very sweet.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM

6 posts, read 3,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Really? Because to me it seems like he's making a bigger deal out of it than she is. She's sad, she doesn't want his money or a replacement, and she doesn't want to talk about it any more. He needs to back off.

That is, unless there might be enough to salavage into a baby blanket or something. That might actualy be very sweet.
i did back off and leave her alone. i respect that she wanted space

She just text me saying she was sorry and over reacted.. she said shes just overly stressed by everything right now. with her college classes starting up and the stress of moving in to a new place. i told her i totally understod and not to be sorry. i am going to call her when shes out of class. what should i say to try to take some of the stress away?

Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,818,616 times
dont bring it up, let sleeping dogs lie. If she brings it up, see if she wants to try and salvage whats left of the quilt. other than that, have a good evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships