Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Awe, is it hurting your little brain? LOL
What makes you think you're smarter than me? Some Harvard books on your shelf that you never opened lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Why does your value (or lack of) in your job carry over to your value in your home and to your spouse?

You can have results in your professional life regardless of your paycheck.
Simply because that other spouse enjoys the fruits of YOUR labor. He/she lives in a better house/eats better food/etc. He/she can at least not demand you do something like wash the dishes YOU paid for, and cook the food that YOUR money bought.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
What makes you think you're smarter than me? Some Harvard books on your shelf that you never opened lol
Her posts alone show she is smarter than you.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Her posts alone show she is smarter than you.
All her posts tell me is that she's bitter. Which is weird because she's always trying to say she's happy

But I never read anything that smart by her. She definitely tries though.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Simply because that other spouse enjoys the fruits of YOUR labor. He/she lives in a better house/eats better food/etc. He/she can at least not demand you do something like wash the dishes YOU paid for, and cook the food that YOUR money bought.
If that person is contributing to the household expenses then it's not just food that one person bought or dishes that one person paid for or the house that one person purchased.

I'm going back into teaching. If my husband's paycheck equalled mine we could still eat the same food, live in the same house and buy the same dishes, etc. I guess if people choose to live excessively then your theory might make sense.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Most of the time I am on the guy's side but I have to give it to some of the women out there.

I've seen some moms work HARD, deal with traffic, pick up dinner, stop off at the market, come home, straighten up, feed the kids "and husband" pick up after everybody, take the kids a bath and get ready to do it all over again the next day.

There are some strong women taking care of their families while the husband sits on his ass playing video games or drinking a beer like a big baby. Yeah they work but do the bare minimum and complain that they had a rough day.

Those type of men need to be ashamed of themselves. Help out your wife and family!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
All her posts tell me is that she's bitter. Which is weird because she's always trying to say she's happy .
Oh yeah, she's horribly unhappy. Aren't you smart to have seen through the charade?

Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If that person is contributing to the household expenses then it's not just food that one person bought or dishes that one person paid for or the house that one person purchased.

I'm going back into teaching. If my husband's paycheck equalled mine we could still eat the same food, live in the same house and buy the same dishes, etc. I guess if people choose to live excessively then your theory might make sense.
If someone earns 200k a year, and their spouse earns 20k a year then the household enjoys a 200k lifestyle. Including the spouse that earns 20k. So it's a bit ridiculous for that 20k earning spouse to complain about cleaning or doing the dishes. If they want they can quit that 20k job, the household will barely feel it, and go to upkeeping the house. If the spouse so feels that the job is their dream job and they will be miserable without it. Fine, out of that 20k goes maid expenses. That's fair.

Anything else isn't fair. I'm not saying life is always fair but I'll be damned to hear that a 50/50 split is a fair split. It's not in many cases. In others it is.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
It should work on 50/50?

Why because you said so? Lol.
Unlike you I have a strong marriage with an excellent mate and a thriving life. I know it works because I'm actually doing. Where you, OTOH, are doing nothing in the way of marriage, home, and family.

Quote:
Why is splitting up the chores based on time the spouse spends doing their job a better way to split up chores based on results? At least my way if the spouse makes insignificant amounts compared to the other he/she can quit and do house chores f/t.
If one spouse only earns 20-40k less, but has a great career, it would be nonsensical to give that up to do chores. There are many reasons to remain employed with current income only being one of them.
Quote:
Based on life outcome, your positions, and world view, which practically reads as trolling it's so absurd. You're a fool, although I suppose a fool would not know that he's a fool.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Oh yeah, she's horribly unhappy. Aren't you smart to have seen through the charade?
GIRL POWER, SISTER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships