Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 10:26 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's a rough scenario. Many don't think to make it racists, but think mix babies are cool. My son is half Asian and I thought it was awesome that he had blue eyes for a long time. Now they are a pretty brown. He also has my nose which he has a bridge to hold his glasses up. He also has that awesome thick straight black hair. White ladies would love to have it. Lol
It is rough because someone elses child who is predisposed genetically to being pale and freckled, with a square head, no butt and skinny legs will be universally thought of as being unattractive. I think I just described Sponge Bob

Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Kids are cute because they ended up with the right combo of genes from their parents. Not by the virtue of being mixed. There are plenty of unattractive mixed and non mixed people. You generally just forget about them.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM

331 posts, read 735,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
To be frank, I've already grown tired of this. My HS was filled with poor black/Hispanic/Asian girls who only wanted to marry white guys because they thought their families were either too trashy, too traditional, or simply too controlling. Not a good reason, also it looks terrible because even though it's true that this country was once mostly white and therefore they have some things seemingly "better", you would appear to be abandoning your own race.

In places like East Asia, whites were ironically both imitated and despised. A lot of white American and white Canadian expats found the new culture interesting, but could not adjust to the stricter conditions of their worlds.
I grew up in a very different environment - I'm from UK originally & at my school there were very few blacks, no Hispanics and even less east Asians. The school was mostly white with a large Indian minority. It was a very working class area and the whites were on average poorer than the Indians. The whites were the ones who got pregnant early, they didn't do well in school etc. Most of the Indians were more disciplined regarding work and/or education and ended up doing pretty well. Every Indian guy who had a gf had a white gf. These Indian guys were all born and raised in UK, so were nothing like guys from India.

As a result of this most white men were not considerable desirable (to the non-white kids) in my area when I was growing up. Moving to Los Angeles is a bit of mind-f*ck for me, since it seems that a lot of women want a white guy.

BTW Many of the east-Asian women I've come across in LA are not interested in white men at all, some of them stay away from them because of the "yellow fever" fetish. A lot more are really into white guys though.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Look up any online dating sites. As a guy, if you aren't white, you are pretty much confined in your own ethnic group. As a woman, on the other hand, there's no such discrimination.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It is rough because someone elses child who is predisposed genetically to being pale and freckled, with a square head, no butt and skinny legs will be universally thought of as being unattractive. I think I just described Sponge Bob
At least it wasn't Patrick. Lol

Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Look up any online dating sites. As a guy, if you aren't white, you are pretty much confined in your own ethnic group. As a woman, on the other hand, there's no such discrimination.
You got to be kidding. Many races date other races. I think there is good looking people in every race.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You got to be kidding. Many races date other races. I think there is good looking people in every race.
Read my post carefully please. :-)

As a woman, you'd have choices while as a man, you don't.

It's a general rule and there are obviously exceptions.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Kids are cute because they ended up with the right combo of genes from their parents. Not by the virtue of being mixed. There are plenty of unattractive mixed and non mixed people. You generally just forget about them.
This. I remember going into a town and all I saw were mixed children(black/white kids) and white children. That was a shocking experience for me because MOST of these kids were unattractive. And every now and then I'll meet a biracial person who isn't very attractive and it's amusing to me how black men and black women continue to hold "mixed" folks on a pretty pedestal. The people in hollywood do not represent the average person--so the biracial women like Halley, Alicia Keys, etc are not what most or all biracial children look like.

Last edited by sunkisses87; 10-17-2012 at 01:06 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
A lot of the women I know who said they wanted mix kids(and still say it) are with a person that is the same race as them so it obviously won't happen for them. It's such a stupid comment to make though.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
This. I remember going into a town and all I were mixed children(black/white kids) and white children. That was a shocking experience for me because MOST of these kids were unattractive. And every now and then I'll meet a biracial person who isn't very attractive and it's amusing to me how black men and black women continue hold "mixed" folks on a pretty pedestal. The people in hollywood do not represent the average person--so the biracial women like Halley, Alicia Keys, etc are not what most or all biracial children will like.
Exactly! The non attractive mixed people aren't on TV and being hyped up as beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.