Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 AM

102 posts, read 152,879 times

Advertisements

Ok, origianlly posted a question (What Would Napoleon have done?) that (aside from getting loads of lectures in French history) seemed to hit a nerve and thought it deserved its own thread.

There are hunderds of threads on heighism. So, whad'ya say we try something different? If you do believe it exists and are a victim, it can be quite challenging and reading thread after thread of negative examples doesn't help. So, for the sake of argument whad'ya say we try only constructive advice.

Maybe posters could offer a short (sorry, no pun intended) step-by-step how to guide. That is, how do I get the girl/guy even though I am ___" tall?

Last edited by bob the brave; 10-02-2012 at 04:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,216,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
Ok, origianlly posted a question (What Would Napoleon have done?) that (aside from getting loads of lectures in French history lol) seemed to hit a nerve and thought it deserved its own thread.

There are hunderd's of thread on heighism. So, whad'ya say we try something different? If you do believe it exists and are a victim, it can be quite challenging and reading thread after thread of negative examples doesn't help. So, for the sake of argument whad'ya say we try only constructive advice. He's too short. She's too tall? Now what?

Maybe posters could offer a short (sorry, no pun intended) step-by-step how to guide. That is how do I get the girl/guy even thought I am ___" tall?
Pretty sure there's about 500 threads like this....and also pretty sure we went over it in the 10 other threads that you made about this same chick, but I'll bite anyway.

I'm short (you're average height, if I remember your last 10 posts about this). I've dated girls that were taller than me. I've also dated girls that voiced their opinions on how much they dislike short guys.

So here's how to do it:

1. Be short
2. Be okay with that
3. Hit on whoever you want
4. If the girl says something about it, don't react or care
5. Decide whether or not she is worth pursuing further
6. If she is, pursue her
7. Get the girl

But seriously dude, forget this girl and move on. The reason she shot you down wasn't your height.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:49 AM

56 posts, read 121,531 times
I'm a girl who is 5'11" and I'm going on a date tomorrow with a guy who is at the most, 5'9".

It's not the end of the world.
Find a girl who isn't shallow and doesn't discard a great person for something that they have no control over. It can be done, I promise.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,895,827 times

Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 AM

102 posts, read 152,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Pretty sure there's about 500 threads like this....and also pretty sure we went over it in the 10 other threads that you made about this same chick, but I'll bite anyway.

I'm short (you're average height, if I remember your last 10 posts about this). I've dated girls that were taller than me. I've also dated girls that voiced their opinions on how much they dislike short guys.

So here's how to do it:

1. Be short
2. Be okay with that
6. If she is, pursue her
7. Get the girl

But seriously dude, forget this girl and move on. The reason she shot you down wasn't your height.

Thanks, and I think you're right. The playa is only an inch taller, so I must have come up short some other way . But no worries, took your advice and moved on.

Just wonder if she will ever be able to find her car.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:27 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,537,716 times
You come to the realization that people aren't going to want to date you because of something you can't change.

Since you can't change it, you move on and focus on yourself and quit worrying about it.

Easy peasy.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,976,071 times
I have yet to find a man shorter than me so this is never an issue since I am 5'1", I do see lots of men and women who are close to the same height or the woman is taller, to me it is not an issue. It is the entire package not just the bits and pieces of the package that count.

Last edited by CSD610; 10-02-2012 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: I had to add a word.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:45 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,270,435 times
I've been on a couple of dates with some fairly short guys. I'm 5'6''. One openly lied about his height (said in his profile he was the same height) - when I showed up and was wearing boots, I towered over him. He was like, "Wow - you're tall." Meanwhile, I'm thinking "No, d-bag, I'm exactly the height I said I was, and these boots only have a one-inch heel."

More recently, I went on a date with a guy who deliberately hid his height - didn't answer the question in his profile. That also was annoying.

And most recently, I went on a few dates with another guy who wasn't shorter than me, but was nowhere near the height of the guys I normally date - he was only a couple inches taller than me. He was also very slender in his build (but was all muscle). He openly said "I'm little" when he was talking about his physique (he's an athlete and was discussing how it related to his activities) - not at all self-conscious. It really didn't signify to him - or to me.

You're short. Own it. Never hide it. Don't make the chick feel self-conscious about HER height ("wow - you're tall!").

When guys are self-conscious or deceptive about their height, I feel disrespected. It's like they're assuming I'm shallow.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post

So here's how to do it:

1. Be short
2. Be okay with that
6. If she is, pursue her
7. Get the girl

DING DING DING DING - WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!

Now if our OP Bob would just read this response at least 100 times until the truth sets him free!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,071,294 times
There's really nothing you can do to make yourself taller, so accept it and work with what you've got. That's really all you can do. Some women won't date short guys and that's just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships