Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times

Advertisements

It sounds like it's hard for you, personally, to find someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It sounds like it's hard for you, personally, to find someone.
Yes, very true. Maybe it's just me. I could be wrong about men and women in general. Maybe other guys are having no problems getting women.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Yes, very true. Maybe it's just me. I could be wrong about men and women in general. Maybe other guys are having no problems getting women.

Well, considering population doesn't seem to be declining, yes, we can assume there are some men who are getting women.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
When women start being nicer to me and stop rejecting me, maybe then i'll let go of anger and resentment.

It is a matter of constant amusement to me when people blame whole genders or classes of people for their problems rather than the lowest common denominator. Themselves.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:

And you may not believe it, but there are also women out there who struggle with finding a partner. Not everything is divided along the gender line--people are a lot more complex than that.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:

This board makes it look like there are people of both genders who are having trouble finding someone. Why don't you go out with nyanna?

Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
The OP's post is excellent. Men have to put far more work into getting a mate in most cases. Women can just take a shower, put on a little makeup, walk in a bar and immediately attract male attention. Same on match making web sites. Women get emails far more than men. Men have to solve the riddle of how to get women to like them, women sit back and wait for the bees to come find them. The guy has to be funny, be attentive, ask them out, ask them to marry, etc. Its always him pursuing her. If a woman isn't getting attention, then its most likely because she just needs to lose weight. Lots of women could have mates, but they have high standards and are trying to hold out for the highest bidder, or the best offer, however you want to put it, and in truth, some of these women have a unrealistic self image.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Quote:
A woman in my office wanted to debate whether it was harder for women or men to find someone. Is this really up for debate? It's much harder for men. It's just biology. There are very few eggs and a huge abundance of sperm. Women clearly have all the power. They can be choosy and picky and wait for whoever they want. I have always thought feminists were a little out of their minds... women already have far more power then men. I think men like to THINK we have equal power, and come up with our little Pick Up Artist theories and our little plans to get women... but any man who is honest knows that we have it much harder.

Anyway, if anyone wants to weigh in, feel free, although i think it's a lopsided argument.

First, what does egg vs sperm count have to do with "finding someone." Some men and women are not interested in reproduction, but still interested in companionship with a person of the opposite sex. Beyond that, how does that afford a woman more power to be "picky" to wait for whoever they want? Doesn't this notion completely ignore the "biological clock" other people allege women of suffering and causing them to be less picky?

Women have far more power than men? Since when? Not in the history of the world I live in. Only in the last 100 years has there been great strides made to equalize men and women in society, education, the workforce, and politics, and even that is limited to various extents based on their country of residence. Men have traditionally ruled and monopolized governments, households, businesses, etc, dictating to women.

In the dating and relationship scene, women have the opportunity and right to be choosy. So do men. It is not easy for either gender. Maybe it makes things more difficult for men too. However, to suggest women have all the power based on these few things seems laughable.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It is a matter of constant amusement to me when people blame whole genders or classes of people for their problems rather than the lowest common denominator. Themselves.
To quote Randall from Clerks, i hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing quite so exhilarating as pointing out the misfortunes of others, is there...

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
The OP's post is excellent. Men have to put far more work into getting a mate in most cases. Women can just take a shower, put on a little makeup, walk in a bar and immediately attract male attention. Same on match making web sites. Women get emails far more than men. Men have to solve the riddle of how to get women to like them, women sit back and wait for the bees to come find them. The guy has to be funny, be attentive, ask them out, ask them to marry, etc. Its always him pursuing her. If a woman isn't getting attention, then its most likely because she just needs to lose weight. Lots of women could have mates, but they have high standards and are trying to hold out for the highest bidder, or the best offer, however you want to put it, and in truth, some of these women have a unrealistic self image.
Thanks for the support!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships