Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times

Advertisements

A woman in my office wanted to debate whether it was harder for women or men to find someone. Is this really up for debate? It's much harder for men. It's just biology. There are very few eggs and a huge abundance of sperm. Women clearly have all the power. They can be choosy and picky and wait for whoever they want. I have always thought feminists were a little out of their minds... women already have far more power then men. I think men like to THINK we have equal power, and come up with our little Pick Up Artist theories and our little plans to get women... but any man who is honest knows that we have it much harder.

Anyway, if anyone wants to weigh in, feel free, although i think it's a lopsided argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
This is all BS. When you stop looking at relationships as a power struggle between the two sexes, when you stop trying to figure out who has it harder, when you stop trying to blame the other gender for the bad things in your life, when you stop trying to play the victim card - and when you START realizing that we are all unique individuals, when you START trying to get to know people for who they are instead of what gender they are, when you START letting go of anger and resentment - you'll be a much happier, more successful person.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM

When women start being nicer to me and stop rejecting me, maybe then i'll let go of anger and resentment.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
When women start being nicer to me and stop rejecting me, maybe then i'll let go of anger and resentment.
Hey - if you are happy with living with anger and resentment - that's your decision. You can blame it on women if you want to - but at some point in time - you are going to realize that you are in charge of your own life. If you want to spend it being bitter and angry - that's your decision.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:13 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hey - if you are happy with living with anger and resentment - that's your decision. You can blame it on women if you want to - but at some point in time - you are going to realize that you are in charge of your own life. If you want to spend it being bitter and angry - that's your decision.
Good god, I actually agree with a girl on this forum.

But yeah dude, I've met and dated many girls. Oftentimes, I turned them down because it's not a good fit....or I just kept them as FWB or one night stands instead of going further with it. It's pretty equal in that respect.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
A woman in my office wanted to debate whether it was harder for women or men to find someone. Is this really up for debate?
of course.

"find someone" -- are we talking about sex or committment? it's easier for women to find sex, easier for men to find committment.

furthermore the power dynamic changes depending on age. at 22, women have far more choices than men. However at 62, it is men that have more choices.

i think it's easy to introduce bias into this discussion -- that is, when the typical man talks about it being "easier for women," he generally has in mind certain women, who are the women he'd like to sleep with.. the ones who don't make that cut are basically invisible to him. Likewise, when the typical woman talks about it being "easier for men" (often when she's older), she seems to have a certain desirable, personable, wealthy, or even famous sort of man in mind when she says this, not the mediocre slob she also finds "invisible."

Last edited by le roi; 10-02-2012 at 10:28 AM..

Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Default Debate in the office over who has more power

You can debate all you want. Until you know each gender's Kilowatt-hour usage you'll never have a definitive answer.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
People are so quick to judge before they walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
People are so quick to judge before they walk a mile in someone else's shoes.
When people say that they have had a hard time in life and are trying to turn things around - I'm completely understanding. When people say that they are unhappy and are open to figuring out why that is so that they can become happy - I'm completely understanding.

When people blame an entire gender on their unhappiness and continue to harp on how much they resent the other gender - my understanding ends.

My husband always says - you can't control everything that happens to you - but you can control how you handle it. Lots of people have had horrible things happen to them - and yet, they don't blame everyone else but themselves. They don't blame the entire opposite gender. Bitterness only breeds bitterness. Anger only breeds anger. If you cling to these things like some sort of badge of honor - that is your own choice.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:59 AM

36,514 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
A woman in my office wanted to debate whether it was harder for women or men to find someone. Is this really up for debate? It's much harder for men. It's just biology. There are very few eggs and a huge abundance of sperm. Women clearly have all the power. They can be choosy and picky and wait for whoever they want. I have always thought feminists were a little out of their minds... women already have far more power then men. I think men like to THINK we have equal power, and come up with our little Pick Up Artist theories and our little plans to get women... but any man who is honest knows that we have it much harder.

Anyway, if anyone wants to weigh in, feel free, although i think it's a lopsided argument.

Dang dude your 100% right. Sperm banks are actually where we women go to look through all the profiles submitted by donors. We pick and choose according to height, looks, educational background, career and income until we find just the one we think we want. He has no choice but to marry us and work to support our habits and if we grow weary of him, we can divorce and take every last thing he has worked oh so hard for then he is forced to go back to barracks until chosen by another woman.

Sorry no woman has chosen you yet. Perhaps you should work on your profile. Anyway which one of the sisterhood let our secret out. She will be dealt with accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships