Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

I suppose if one looked at human beings as livestock, it would do just as well to say, "why buy the whole pig for just a little sausage?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Never understood this line and how it is only thrown at men “Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free?” or whoever the line goes whenever a girl is living in guy’s place and the guy is not kneeling down with a shiny ring to beg her for marriage. The milk is not being free. He has to work to have a roof over their head, take her out, etc. The milk (sex) ain’t free to men if you think about it.
yep, because every single woman in a relationship that I know or know of is unemployed, broke and living in her bf's home.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
It's a terrible and insulting analogy. That said, if someone needs to ask the question, they are not going to understand the answer anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I suppose if one looked at human beings as livestock, it would do just as well to say, "why buy the whole pig for just a little sausage?"
LOL

Old 10-02-2012, 11:16 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
yep, because every single woman in a relationship that I know or know of is unemployed, broke and living in her bf's home.
Still. If both are employed and she happens to help with expenses, why still throw the whole "why buy the cow" to men simply because he has not gotten down to his knees to beg for marriage with a shiny ring?

Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
What's with this free milk stuff, I have to pay for the milk I want at the supermarket.

Nothing's for free, you are going to defend, you're getting in that ring. = so true.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
It implies that the only reason a man would commit to a woman is for regular sex. It is more of an insult to this particular kind of male mentality than to women who choose to have sex prior to or in the absence of marriage.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
It's kind of humorous that so many people don't really get what that saying means. Good grief, my mother said it to me when I was started dating at around 15-16 years old. Of course, I grew up on a farm and we had a milk cow, so maybe that's why I underSTOOD what she was saying. DON'T PUT OUT UNTIL YOU'RE MARRIED! If a guy is getting it from you and he doesn't have to be committed to you, TO get it, what makes you think he's going to commit to you once he's already gotten it!?

It makes as much sense now as it did then.

I mean, you better be committed if you're going to own a milk cow. You have to provide a shelter for it, provide feed for it, be there to make sure you work that milk out of it, twice per day, so it will continue to produce milk (not dry up). It doesn't just walk over and shoot that milk in a bucket by itself! In other words, a cow is not an inanimate object. It needs caring for. If someone is going to simply hand you milk for free...why in the hell would you willingly take on that kind of responsibility?

Do I appreciate being referred to as a cow? LOL No! However, it does make perfect sense!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Thankfully my husband has never referred to me as a cow and if he or any other man I was seeing ever did they would find themselves alone rather quickly. I am not livestock nor am I chattel and I refuse to be treated or talked about as either.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
DON'T PUT OUT UNTIL YOU'RE MARRIED! If a guy is getting it from you and he doesn't have to be committed to you, TO get it, what makes you think he's going to commit to you once he's already gotten it!?
This sounds as if women don’t like sex and will only “put out” for it and use it as a reward. Just lay there, bite the pillow, and hope the guy gets it over with.

Quote:
I mean, you better be committed if you're going to own a milk cow. You have to provide a shelter for it, provide feed for it, be there to make sure you work that milk out of it, twice per day, so it will continue to produce milk (not dry up). It doesn't just walk over and shoot that milk in a bucket by itself! In other words, a cow is not an inanimate object. It needs caring for. If someone is going to simply hand you milk for free...why in the hell would you willingly take on that kind of responsibility?
I guess it can also work the other way around. Why take care of a cow that doesn’t want to give milk? I don’t think providing a shelter, taking care of it, feeding it, etc. should be gender specific to man --- woman. I prefer both of us providing the shelter, taking care of each other, and enjoying milk mutually…it sounded weird but oh well, you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Thankfully my husband has never referred to me as a cow and if he or any other man I was seeing ever did they would find themselves alone rather quickly. I am not livestock nor am I chattel and I refuse to be treated or talked about as either.
That's right. Women shouldn't be referred to as a cow. Somehow it seems funny or acceptable to call men pigs or dogs but a little mutual respect is the way to go for me.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Precisely why I hate being referred to as a "chick." Last I checked, I'm not a bird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships